ManInCharge247

Which guides do I choose for casting distance?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I prefer Fuji k-style guides,assuming we're talking about spinning rods.That being said,more people need to know that an impeccably set up guide train by a master builder will outperform a non-professional by-guess- and- by- God rod by 3 to 5 percent.Technique is the biggest key to distance.

If its for distance only. I would opt for minima's. Most top casters seeking distance seem to prefer them over the traditional heavier weight framed fishing guides that have ring inserts. if it's for fishing, flip a coin there all good and would likely have minimum impact on your distance. 

On 3/27/2021 at 2:19 PM, Jcallaham said:

where would one find a master builder?

Ryan White at Hatteras Jacks in Rodanthe  NC. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 2021/04/08 at 3:03 PM, animalbarrie said:

Don't run K style guides if you are going to run a conventional reel.

Why not?

Edited by ZAFisher

Fuji Torzite whether your build is for a conventional or spinning...there is one guy at Nags Head that is the master....

Posted (edited) · Report post

+1 on the Fuji Torzite rings. That stuff is the slickest and the best (and most expensive). 

As far as guide designs go, I own them all across 30 different rods. And damn it... I honestly don't know which guides produces the longest distance because they are all on different blanks. I'd hafta have ALL those different guides on a bunch of the SAME blanks in order for it to be an apples to apples comparison. But I can say by my observation and experience that this collector guide below seems to produce the best results collecting line from the reel. I use lights at night to observe how the line collects into my collector guide. And this one below seems to be the best. It's like a cross between "Concept guides" and "K guides" Just my 2 cents. 

Screenshot_20210721-101519.png

Edited by night owl