Goldy

Whats next for van staal vsx line?

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

So the VR gets a refresh.  Whats next for the VS line?

 

Does anyone know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I think they have to be pretty happy with the position they are in now.

They contend in the lightweight, middleweight and heavyweight divisions.

I don't see them having to change anything for a while.

Edited by recoil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VS/VSX aren't perfect but I'm not sure I want/ they need a makeover. They do their job and do their job well in a very rough environment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are fine. No need to change them. Parts / service are hard enough. Last thing I would want is for these reels to not be serviceable and to have a cheaper replacement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the VR is upgraded I believe it’s a better option. The VSX with lower drag pressure and main seal that isn’t self serviceable with higher cost isn’t worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 mins ago, natejeep said:

Hopefully a lefty vsx is next.. wishful thinking though 

I heard they are making a true lefty VR at the B&T the other day. Not sure how true it is but one never knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, Mark L said:

I heard they are making a true lefty VR at the B&T the other day. Not sure how true it is but one never knows. 

It is on the website and should be selling soon according to J&H

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, Mark L said:

I heard they are making a true lefty VR at the B&T the other day. Not sure how true it is but one never knows. 

Yeah they’re coming out with a VR 150 and 200 for lefties but it’s just not a VSX. I’ll probably end up buying one still even though I don’t really need it. Wish they made a lefty vr50... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 mins ago, natejeep said:

Yeah they’re coming out with a VR 150 and 200 for lefties but it’s just not a VSX. I’ll probably end up buying one still even though I don’t really need it. Wish they made a lefty vr50... 

I doubt the will ever reissue 150L and 250L's now that they added lefty's to the vr lineup. They talked about bringing back lefty's for 3 or 4 years now. I'm surprised they did it actually.

I pre-ordered a 201B looking forward playing with it. Hopefully it will show up by mid April. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, Haycreekrambler said:

I doubt the will ever reissue 150L and 250L's now that they added lefty's to the vr lineup. They talked about bringing back lefty's for 3 or 4 years now. I'm surprised they did it actually.

I pre-ordered a 201B looking forward playing with it. Hopefully it will show up by mid April. 

Yeah the lefty VR certainly puts a nail in that coffin. I’m torn on what to get but I’ll probably grab a 151 because I really don’t like fishing my 150l.. or at least my knuckles don’t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 mins ago, natejeep said:

Yeah the lefty VR certainly puts a nail in that coffin. I’m torn on what to get but I’ll probably grab a 151 because I really don’t like fishing my 150l.. or at least my knuckles don’t 

I wouldn’t be shocked if the new improved VR kills the VSX line completely 

Edited by ged

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, natejeep said:

Yeah the lefty VR certainly puts a nail in that coffin. I’m torn on what to get but I’ll probably grab a 151 because I really don’t like fishing my 150l.. or at least my knuckles don’t 

I hear ya about the 150L being a knuckle buster. I've got big hands. I'll most likely get a 151 too. I've wanted a 250L for years now and never found the right one that wasn't being sold for stupid $. Hopefully the 201 will fill the void between my 150 and the penn torque 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ged said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if the new improved VR kills the VSX line completely 

Ged - That's a bold statement.  Do you think it can match a VSX?  

 

I just can't see them making any improvements to the VSX and selling them, that's business.  Why would Penn by them then?  Have we ever not seen an improvement in reels over the years.  All the main guys do it, why can't VSX?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.