Newfisherman65

New guy in the room...

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Never been much of a fisherman other than trout fishing as a kid with my dad in the Sierra Nevada mountain range, was always too busy riding motorcycles and chasing skirt. Fast forward a zillion years to now, I have the proper boat ( I think)  and the time to enjoy it. The learning curve seems rather steep with all the electronic gizmos and types of bait/lures, rods and reels and where to go. The hard drive in my head is rather full after many years of doing many things so I hope I’ll be able get up to speed and get out there and catch a few at some point. 
thanks for a great forum. 
rob

2 hours ago, Night Moves said:

If you're in NH or MA go to Surfland Bait and Tackle for all your fishing needs. They will treat you right! 

Maine too.  It's my go to place.  The almost hour ride each way is well worth it.

Over an hour for me  to Surfland but well worth the trip. One of the last real full service shops left in the area. Good stuff , great people.

Welcome.....plenty of folks willing to point you in the right direction here.

Hoping to catch some tog early this year.....can't seem to dial em in. Not to mention every trip to buzzards it's like a washing machine and no chance I can stay locked over a pile of rocks.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thank you for the welcome and info. Hopefully we will be running our new to us boat up from Delaware to South Portland in May/June. 

Edited by Newfisherman65

9 hours ago, Newfisherman65 said:

Thank you for the welcome and info. Hopefully we will be running our new to us boat up from Delaware to South Portland in May/June. 

Welcome to Maine! This'll be my third summer here as a full time resident- you made a great choice!

Welcome!  Love adding new users.  Saco Bay Tackle is a nice place if you are in a pinch.  Just seeing surfland makes me want to jump in the car!  Ever use the tube  and worm?  Most boat folks use it, as it’s quite effective.

On 3/8/2021 at 4:01 AM, Newfisherman65 said:

Running the boat up the hiway or in the water ?

Thats a trip. 

What sort of boat?

I downscaled from a center console to 14' alum.

The Tackle Shop is now on Veranda Street in Portland, just south of the Portland/Falmouth line.  You could, at high tide, beach your boat, scramble through the poison ivy , walk across Route 1 and walk into the shop.  It's a great shop with guys who are very knowledgeable.