shark lobster

Thoughts on the visser reels

Rate this topic

134 posts in this topic

I purchased 2 visser reels here on sol that were brand new and what i thought was a great price!but looking forward there seems to be a dumping on there prices!this reel is so well built with the best materials used great machinery! I wonder if the scooby doo craping on this reel caused all this to happen ? A few newr reels had issues the co. Is trying to make good on them , i will have to see moving forward how this will all play out !

id like to hear your feedback on these reels!

We have a lot of good choices for reels and the Visser is unproven, has had issues and has no local support. The reel is assembled in China and not in CT as previously mentioned. 

If you are wondering why your reel hasn’t sold it may because you raised the price a week after buying it here used. 

I may buy one, maybe soon just to check it out. If the new VR has significant upgrades that will put a hurting on Visser sales. 

Used good condition ZB & VSX are so close to the Visser prices and you know what you are getting. You know the service and repair options. 

Brand new reels showed up broken and then were sent back from the company in worse shape.....Scooby called them out and that's crapping?? This feels like a Saturday morning troll. 

No he crapped on a co thats just starting out ! No new reel has zero issues ! But that not what im looking for !

ged good point i got that reel on a good discount with spare spool i will sit on it for awhile and fish the other Visser! As far as china goes the vs reels and vr reels are all made in china as are most reels!

8 mins ago, shark lobster said:

No he crapped on a co thats just starting out ! No new reel has zero issues ! But that not what im looking for !

ged good point i got that reel on a good discount with spare spool i will sit on it for awhile and fish the other Visser! As far as china goes the vs reels and vr reels are all made in china as are most reels!

They deserved everything that they got. 

21 mins ago, ged said:

We have a lot of good choices for reels and the Visser is unproven, has had issues and has no local support. The reel is assembled in China and not in CT as previously mentioned. 

If you are wondering why your reel hasn’t sold it may because you raised the price a week after buying it here used. 

I may buy one, maybe soon just to check it out. If the new VR has significant upgrades that will put a hurting on Visser sales. 

Used good condition ZB & VSX are so close to the Visser prices and you know what you are getting. You know the service and repair options. 

So I finally found some info in the VR upgrades. Any idea if the thicker shaft upgrade can be implemented on older models? Assuming other parts have to change to accommodate it.  
For 2021, all VR125-VR200 sized reels gained a little weight for the right reasons.  A thicker stainless steel main shaft was added, which reduces the flex of the reel under the load of a hard-fighting fish.  Improvements were also made to the sealing of the reel, continuing the VS status with taking on adverse environments. 
The 2021 VR also takes on new models and Van Staal once again has a true lefty reel in the lineup!  Models VR151, VR151B, VR201, and VR201B consist of a right-hand retrieve setup.  These are true lefty reel, with the rotor spinning in the counter-clockwise position with every turn of the handle.

The 2021 VR also takes on new models and Van Staal once again has a true lefty reel in the lineup!  Models VR151, VR151B, VR201, and VR201B consist of a right-hand retrieve setup.  These are true lefty reel, with the rotor spinning in the counter-clockwise position with every turn of the handle.”

27 mins ago, FlukeOff said:

Brand new reels showed up broken and then were sent back from the company in worse shape.....Scooby called them out and that's crapping?? This feels like a Saturday morning troll. 

Waiting for snarky lobby to start calling me mean names again. 

@shark lobster

Ask visser to send you the emails they sent me. 

Just now, Drew C. said:

Agree with this and ged. Scooby puts anglers first which is rare these days- and he consistently holds true to that. Nobody wants another cupcake product review. Hopefully input like that leads to advancements in design/QC for visser. But right now that updated VR probably looks like a wayyy better deal from a trusted company.

7 mins ago, Drew C. said:

So you feel that one reel out of how many produced had issues that its a junk reel ?

have you seen one in your hand ? Im sure you would think differently! But this is the input i wanted to here

2 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Waiting for snarky lobby to start calling me mean names again. 

@shark lobster

Ask visser to send you the emails they sent me. 

Ok mr Scooby hows that better ? 

1 min ago, shark lobster said:

So you feel that one reel out of how many produced had issues that its a junk reel ?

have you seen one in your hand ? Im sure you would think differently! But this is the input i wanted to here

Ok mr Scooby hows that better ? 

Feel/, No I know it's crap.

What's the saying about a fool and his money? That certainly applies to visser.

Maybe RK can throw in a free watch with the purchase of a reel, lol.

3 mins ago, shark lobster said:

Id like to qoute Mr Scooby”most impressive reel of 2021” 

But I crapped on it... 

It absolutely without a doubt is. 

So I bought a #4 as a VR50 supplement. It’s much more substantial than the 50 and only 2oz heavier. I’ve taken it apart and reassembled and can’t find any major design flaws or defects. The only thing I found were a couple tiny, and I mean tiny blems on the cover which I mentioned when registering the reel. I got an email the next day offering a replacement reel. I said that wouldn’t be necessary but I’d take a new cover which they sent right away with oscillation gear, bearing and seals installed. They also sent a label for return shipping of the original cover. 

I also asked for some grease and a new shaft screw which I stripped the head on and they sent that too. 
I haven’t fished it yet so time will tell but I have high hopes. 

22 mins ago, Terry Mac said:

The reel is garbage. Looks like it was machined by a monkey using a hand chisel. 

That’s a very talented monkey to achieve such tight tolerances. Let’s at least try to be accurate. What part of the reel are you talking about?