Carp Fishing? who does or did?

RAW

On 4/5/2024 at 1:28 PM, justafisher said:

I have never had much luck with fixed weights ,  as the carp always seem use the weight to shake the hook free . 

not sure what is happening but that's been exactly my experience with the hair on fixed weight/bolt rigs - good run, pick up and fight for a minute or two, then hook pulls free.. 

4 hours ago, DougK said:

not sure what is happening but that's been exactly my experience with the hair on fixed weight/bolt rigs - good run, pick up and fight for a minute or two, then hook pulls free.. 

It might be than you are trying to reel it too fast.

I learn my lesson, when I had a big, really big, fish I I wanted to reel it sooner and faster.

After a minute of intensive reeling and fighting I lost a fish.

I forgot carp is not a blue or a striper and that my carp hooks #6 are lots of smaller than 4.0 and 5.0, plus carp has much more sensitive lips.

But, that is my experience with carp.

I just starting doing it seriously last year.

Edited by Popasilov

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

6 hours ago, bigfish4me said:

I fish em in the river, find a good eddy any there will be fish there

No real river close to me with decent access for fishing.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

I see giant carp everywhere when riding my bicycle. I may switch bikes next time and bring by carp gear.  

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Getting ready for a big carp tournament this weekend!!! My buddy found a great looking spot that produced 3 30lbers for him. Did a solo mission today and ended up with this pretty little mirror. Can't wait for the weekend!!

Screenshot_20240515-181331_Gallery.jpg