Carp Fishing? who does or did?

RAW

Carp fishing, 001.jpg

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, DoorGunner said:

I stopped chumming because I was averaging 9 turtles a trip. So I went back to what I did as a kid and just baited hooks. This may be the prettiest, healthiest looking carp that I can remember. No turtles.

IMG_2659(2).JPG.e8108f6cce99fe6243972fb10ec4e23f.JPG 

Good adjustments, thanks for sharing 

If it has fins i want to catch it 

• 2 weeks later...
58 mins ago, TBYRD said:

Gonna see if they wanna play in the morning tamara….

If you don't try you will never know.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

It's kind of a weird thing. You can go fishing on a Saturday late in November or early December if it's warm enough, and it will be business as usual. Go to the same spot Sunday, and they're all gone. I can't figure out where they go, if anywhere. Perhaps in colder water, crawlers might be a better bet, as it would be an easy protein fix for them as the vegetation dies off.

I'll fish the shore @ the Delaware, this afternoon.

I plan a dead stick with bait. I can get sunnys and maybe a perch easily enough at my local lake for bait.

That's the bait Ill use.

Last I saw someone catching, they were using minnows for carp and cats. The fish were say 5 lbs.

The eddy I frequent holds some bigger stuff at times, from what I've seen, on surface or chasing my soft plastics.

This is the first time I'm doing this. I figure a 5/0 circle with strip sunny on a fish finder rig with 40lb mono leader.

Should I chum a bit with some bloody cut up sunny?

11 hours ago, Lateral Line said:

Should I chum a bit with some bloody cut up sunny?

That would give you cat,

11 hours ago, Lateral Line said:

I figure a 5/0 circle with strip sunny on a fish finder rig with 40lb mono leader.

5/0 may be way to big for carp's soft lips. I wouldn't use any hook bigger than #4

- Henry Ford-