Carp Fishing? who does or did?

RAW

Here in central PA we have great potential for big carp in our rivers… but there are unfortunately a lot of “bow fisherman” also. I see the pictures posted all the time on social media, and it really is a shame. The waste is massive and senseless… I’m sure some of you guys deal with this same nonsense in your areas also. Just been seeing a lot of it posted lately locally, and it really is frustrating. 

Edited by TJones

Fished a new lake for a tournament, had a blast!! Found a ton of small carp right next to deep water. Caught 20 or so cookie cutter fish in the 6-9lb class. Unfortunately they weren't enough to get me on the leader board but I did get a prize for smallest fish!! Would recommend trying a tournament if you have the chance, get a good buddy and go have some fun!

20230624_163826.jpg

20230624_163829.jpg

FB_IMG_1687723647551.jpg

FB_IMG_1687723662440.jpg

Edited by shanation

• 1 month later...

Carp, 001.jpg

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 6:41 PM, TBYRD said:

Gearing up for my first serious pursuit of carp. I know where to find them, hooking one seems to be easier said than done. 

Best of luck with the pursuit. The most important piece of advice I can impart is prepare yourself to be driven insane. But be patient. The reward is well worth the frustration.

I was kayaking  on my favorite river, and although I wasn't targeting carp, they made their presence known.

I was able to paddle (drift) right next to a couple of of 12-15 lb. beauties.

What always happens is they eventually notice my kayak (big lumbering shape overhead) and freak out.

One smashed the bow of my kayak as it turned and headed for the proverbial hills.

Then a coupe hours later, as I was paddling back to the launch, A good sixed carp (based on the sound of the splash) jumped behind me within 10-12 feet. Hearing them jump is impressive, but seeing them jump, particularly when it's one of the big old cows, will make you wonder "What would happen if it landed on me?"

This river, because of very limited shore access, has very little carp fishing, so the carp are allowed to achieve "monster" size/weight. I've seen carp in the 3-4 foot size cruising the shallows, and when they take off you KNOW a big fish just left the area.

Maybe I'll try carping from my kayak and hopefully go for a ride?

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

On 8/27/2023 at 8:34 PM, TBYRD said:

I’m not a “bait -n- wait” angler so I’ll have to find a good book to read while waiting for one of those wary carp to take the bait. 

You will need to keep en eye on the rod, too, while reading, or you may "loose" rod and reel.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

Just a quick thing for all carp angler.

Shout-out to the Carp Angler store.

They recently open small store in Ronkonkoma, Long Island but most of the sales are done on line.

I went to store just to see and meet people.

They are not stocked like Big Carp store but staff is friendly. Owner himself, was professional tournament carp angler in Europe

They have a introduction video on you-tube.

If you need anything related to carp fishing give Carp Angler a try

You will like it.

Edited by Popasilov
damn spelling

- Henry Ford-

21 mins ago, ermghoti said:

Did you finally crack the code at your nemesis pond?

Nope.

Still zero on my pond.

I go around,20-30 miles, visiting nearby ponds, just to catch carp and than go back to my mystery or misery pond.

Although I haven't visited my pond for two weeks already.

But, I will catch one there, too.

- Henry Ford-

2 hours ago, TBYRD said:

I’ve been watching a lot of videos :laugh:

LOL

Welcome to my world.

2 hours ago, TBYRD said:

Method ball of oats, corn, chickpeas, strawberry jello and soda on the sinker and corn on the hair rig….

Sounds like one of the Luke's famous recepes

- Henry Ford-