Chipnice

Pole dancers

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Hiya. 
I was wondering if anyone could help me find a local source for Some pole dancer flies 

I ordered a few off the auction site and am still waiting for them to arrive from Australia.   I’d like to add these to the box for my first light  missions

Posted (edited) · Report post

29 mins ago, Chipnice said:

Hiya. 
I was wondering if anyone could help me find a local source for Some pole dancer flies 

I ordered a few off the auction site and am still waiting for them to arrive from Australia.   I’d like to add these to the box for my first light  missions

I know Bear's Den has the kit to make them, but  I don't think they have the actual flies.  The kit is called 

Cascade Crest DC Dodger Kit

Discount Flies (google it for the link or use those two words and add ".com") has the flies.  I've bought some flies from there.  Some were great, some were  disappointing.  I did email them and they sent me replacement flies for the ones that weren't good.

I've bought flies from the auction site from Australia - most likely the same seller you bought from.  For the price, they're good, just take forever to show up

Edited by PSUFly

If you Google the Bear's Den and Pole Dancer you get to this page on their site but I think it's an orphaned page as if you search the Bear's Den site from their site search function you only get the DC Dodger fly option, which isn't the same fly but possibly the same action.   I haven't been able to find a video of the DC Dodger in action though.  I'd call Scott at the Bear's Den and ask him if Umpqua still supplies these.   If anyone can get them I'm sure Scott can.

HT

604396a1efde7_PDBears.jpg.bb1889ee781f91453ed996a8e812957c.jpg

1 hour ago, Chipnice said:

Thanks ordered a dozen!

Chip,

When you receive those can you snap a few photos for the rest of us.    Can't believe you'll get quality for those prices but you never know till you try :)  

Thanks,

HT

1 hour ago, HillTop said:

Chip,

When you receive those can you snap a few photos for the rest of us.    Can't believe you'll get quality for those prices but you never know till you try :)  

Thanks,

HT

No problem 

Discount flies pole dancer after about 20 schoolies  

holding up pretty well. Hook spins in the foam a bit it has a nice pop when retrieve but doesn’t move very far side to side. Could be me and my retrieve style I’m a big fan of spooks  and walk the dog plugs on the spin gear 

the search continues.8FFE155B-E65C-4651-9BC5-DDEA2AD45005.jpeg.2f420facee7bb8f694a35f28995c7388.jpeg

On 4/19/2021 at 7:18 AM, Chipnice said:

holding up pretty well. Hook spins in the foam a bit it has a nice pop when retrieve but doesn’t move very far side to side. Could be me and my retrieve style I’m a big fan of spooks  and walk the dog plugs on the spin gear 

the search continues.8FFE155B-E65C-4651-9BC5-DDEA2AD45005.jpeg.2f420facee7bb8f694a35f28995c7388.jpeg

Take a look at Charlies video on retrieving the pole dancer. This was posted back during the winter.

On 2021-04-19 at 7:18 AM, Chipnice said:

Nice. And how about a close-up picture of the discount pole dancers and maybe a few specs: diameter of head, total lenght and hook size? Thank you.