**** Phil Murphy!

Rate this topic

Mike

I accidentally picked the wrong weekend to go to Ocean City,  MD when they had a a rally there a few years ago.  The police were ready from bad experiences in the past. Fortunately my hotel room didn’t face the street.  

"A successful man is one who can lay a strong foundation with the bricks thrown at him."- David Brinkley

22 mins ago, Mike said:

Right up **** Phil Murphy's alley. 

Lots of towns have banned landscapers use except for the fall and spring cleanups. Haven't banned personal homeowner blower, as far as I'm aware.

Princeton and maplewood no gas leaf blowers for anyone

24 mins ago, Goldy said:

Princeton and maplewood no gas leaf blowers for anyone

That’s so ****ing stupid it’s hard to find the words :dismay: 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Just now, squidder 329 said:

What do the commercial guys do? I guess the battery power would work if they have extra batteries.

I talked about this in another thread. A bug company takes care of HOA condos in princeton. Contract is 1mm+.  They are on their six set of batteries for the fleet.  At the end of the day the contract price goes up bc takes longer and costs more in labor and material.  So dumb

I was busting the Maplewood town council's balls on this, demanding that they also ban snow blowers as equally dirty and loud and destroying the peacefulness of newly fallen snow. They wouldn't do that. There would be riots.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

3 hours ago, Goldy said:

Why, you have lived in NJ a long time.. Its expected at this time.. 

Been here a long time, nobody ever told me I couldn’t use a gas powered anything, why would I expect it? 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Not true per Maplewood. Homeowners can use their own machine

Commercial entities are prohibited from using gas-powered leaf blowers every year from May 15 - Sept 30th.

Gas-powered leaf blowers are not permitted by anyone on Sundays all year long. These blowers are permitted October 1 - May 14th Monday - Friday, 8AM - 6PM, Saturdays 10AM - 5PM, Never on Sundays.

Here is the ordinance

A. 
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
GAS-POWERED LEAF BLOWER
A piece of equipment powered by a two-stroke or four-stroke engine using gasoline or a mixture of gasoline and oil blend as fuel and used primarily for, but not exclusively for, yard and lawn maintenance.

B. 
The use of gas-powered leaf blowers is prohibited within the Township of Maplewood from May 1 through September 30 of each year.

C. 
Any person or entity violating the provisions of this section shall be fined as follows:
(1) 
First offense: $500;

(2) 
Second offense: $1,000;

(3) 
For a third or subsequent offense: $1,500;
and the violator will be subject to a loss of license to perform work within the Township of Maplewood.

A. 
During the period allowed, the use of gas-powered leaf blowers by any person or entity is permitted only as follows:
(1) 
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

(2) 
Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

B. 
The use of gas-powered leaf blowers on Sundays is prohibited.

A. 
A commercial entity shall include but not be limited to lawn maintenance businesses, tree-removal or maintenance businesses, paving companies, gutter-cleaning companies and shall include any person or entity charging a fee for services.

B. 
All commercial entity workers using gas-powered leaf blowers must be provided with and must wear safety equipment for hearing and breathing. Any commercial entity failing to provide and/or failing to require its workers to wear the aforementioned safety equipment, shall be subject to a fine as follows:
(1) 
First offense: $50.

(2) 
Second offense: $100.

(3) 
For a third or subsequent offense: $150.

C. 
Each day a violation continues shall be deemed a separate offense.

A. 
No person or entity may deposit leaves into any street more than seven days before a regularly scheduled Department of Public Works pickup.

B. 
Anyone violating this section shall be subject to a fine as follows:
(1) 
First offense: $100.

(2) 
Second offense: $200.

(3) 
For a third or subsequent offense: $500.

In the event of a weather emergency or other emergent circumstances, the Township Emergency Management Coordinator shall be permitted to modify the restrictions of this chapter.

• Mike changed the title to **** Phil Murphy!