Callmefish

John skinners latest youtube video 3/3/20

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

He’s catching tarpon on a yak and I’m super jealous of anyone who get to fish for those bad boys.

they look exciting

30 mins ago, Callmefish said:

He’s catching tarpon on a yak and I’m super jealous of anyone who get to fish for those bad boys.

they look exciting

what is the presentation ? people catch Tarpon everyday of the migration season  

23 mins ago, chitala383 said:

But does he take it out of the water? What about his sandwich?

He couldn’t take that one out of the water, it was a big nasty.

just going balistic, jumping around everywhere.

man that looked fun

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, Callmefish said:

they look exciting

Watched it a few hours ago. I like watching Skinner's Florida vids. He fishes in a general area that I want to retire to in 3 years. One of the best thrills other than the the 40# bass I pulled out of the surf on a fall morning a few years ago.

Edited by DaveC
No specific locations please.

Posted (edited) · Report post

He got information on a spot that the tarpon over winter, pretty good video. Actually reached out asking for advice.

Edited by squidder 329

Love his videos. I've read his books and have seen him speak. He's very technical about fishing and knowing the best times and techniques.

But in Florida he's learning a new area and he's honest about it, makes no pretension to expertise and that makes his videos even better because you feel like you're participating in his learning experiences.  

Thing that got me was he said "boat had one they fought for 2 hours". He landed in 17 mins. Did the boat just not know what they were doing?

3 mins ago, DonLBI said:

Thing that got me was he said "boat had one they fought for 2 hours". He landed in 17 mins. Did the boat just not know what they were doing?

The boaters line probably frayed and broke off. But who knows what they were doing right or wrong. 

47 mins ago, VitaminDee said:

The boaters line probably frayed and broke off. But who knows what they were doing right or wrong. 

I’m guessing the boat weighs more then the kayak and the fish probably had a harder time pulling it around, like it did with skinner and the hook ripped out it’s mouth

1 hour ago, VitaminDee said:

Not sure I follow, if you have a frayed line you can fight the fish longer? I'll have to watch again but, not sure he mentioned if the boat landed the fish or not.

They're hands down the number one, top of the list inshore gamefish in the world and they give offshore gamefish a run of their money as well.  

A true life goal of mine.

1 hour ago, DonLBI said:

Not sure I follow, if you have a frayed line you can fight the fish longer? I'll have to watch again but, not sure he mentioned if the boat landed the fish or not.

I think he said the boat fish wasn't landed and that he hopes to not be in the same position.