FEW3

Lyme Vaccine

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Actually not a vaccine.

 

The doctor created a ‘pre-exposure prophylaxis’ (PrEP) that delivers anti-Lyme antibodies directly to a patient. PrEPs are unlike vaccines, which trigger the patient’s immune system to produce antibodies. Instead, PrEPs supply antibodies directly. The shot would kill the bacteria from a tick bite before a person would be infected. Patients would need to be inoculated every year as the shot’s effectiveness would last for nine months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, ged said:

There was a vaccine in the 1990’s

Yes, i was part of an experimental study and rec'd the vaccine,  in 2008 I had Lyme disease, was lucky and had an early diagnosis and treatment .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, FizzyFish said:

Yes, i was part of an experimental study and rec'd the vaccine,  in 2008 I had Lyme disease, was lucky and had an early diagnosis and treatment .

I had it bad a few times.
 

Last time was this summer. Thought it was covid. Extreme fatigue, muscle aches, fever, chills, loss of appetite. Doxy is a game changer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, ged said:

I had it bad a few times.
 

Last time was this summer. Thought it was covid. Extreme fatigue, muscle aches, fever, chills, loss of appetite. Doxy is a game changer. 

Doxy sure is.  the price when i had Lyme in 2008  was $ 7 for a 28 day supply.   a couple years ago i took it for 14 day as a prophylaxis abd it was something like $80.  generic drug both times.  :dismay:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, z-man said:

It sounds similar to the Lyme vaccine my dog gets. 

doesn't work in dogs either, but vets keep on recomending it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ged said:

I had it bad a few times.
 

Last time was this summer. Thought it was covid. Extreme fatigue, muscle aches, fever, chills, loss of appetite. Doxy is a game changer. 

Any recurrences since the summer? It's the long term consequences that are scary to me, especially debilitating joint pain.

 

Both times I tested positive, it was early and doxy solved it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ged said:

I had it bad a few times.
 

Last time was this summer. Thought it was covid. Extreme fatigue, muscle aches, fever, chills, loss of appetite. Doxy is a game changer. 

Wow I didnt realize you can get Lyme disease multiple times. The only real bushwhacking I do is at the Chu but its not much bush whacking honestly, and I am lucky to have never gotten it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, Richard_the_Aughth said:

Wow I didnt realize you can get Lyme disease multiple times. The only real bushwhacking I do is at the Chu but its not much bush whacking honestly, and I am lucky to have never gotten it

I have been confirmed with Lyme at least 6 times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, FizzyFish said:

Actually not a vaccine.

 

The doctor created a ‘pre-exposure prophylaxis’ (PrEP) that delivers anti-Lyme antibodies directly to a patient. PrEPs are unlike vaccines, which trigger the patient’s immune system to produce antibodies. Instead, PrEPs supply antibodies directly. The shot would kill the bacteria from a tick bite before a person would be infected. Patients would need to be inoculated every year as the shot’s effectiveness would last for nine months.

Yes, it's not a " vaccine" in the traditional sense, and as stated in the article protection is just 9 months. I would think that only specific individuals would bother with getting the Vax. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.