Gully

Looking for backpack tackle storage

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys/gals, recently got myself an e-bike and I’m hoping to explore some bodies of water close to my house with it. I’m thinking a backpack style transport system would be best. Pro’s/cons?  Also curious to either keeping a rod strapped to the pack, or some type of rod holder for the bike. On my beach cruiser I always just zip tied pvc right to the frame. 

Pulled the trigger on a lunkerhunt LTS avid tackle bag. Was on sale online only from dicks. Was $99 marked down to $69. Saw the same bag from BPS was $139. Sale ends at midnight tonight if anyone else is interested..  

Had a BPS gift card and wound up with the lunkerhut as well.  Good storage and pockets, durable so far.  As with anything, dont over pack it, it will get heavy in a hurry.  I used a Camelback with Plano boxes.  It was a medium size pack and served me well for a few years of abuse.  Straps were through and went with the aforementioned.

An old jan sport gets me from the truck to jetty every time ...has to be close to twenty years old....I hit with a hose or leave it empty in th rain ,and it still works...

43 mins ago, Gully said:

That things long gone. Going on 24 yrs now..  

don’t overload your bag, you’ll eff up the discs in your lowerback, especially if you have no suspension. Just pack what you need not everything.

backpack get heavy when they’re full of water, thats a good thing to remember also

I have this one about 10 years it’s really strong and it’s actually 2 bags in one , the lower section zippers out to a shoulder style , it’s really functional. Not slot of money 

2C95BAF9-0EC4-44A1-A8DF-6445BB30CF89.png.3620533b728a1311fe821f47a16f34dc.png

I bought a kastking backpack on Amazon and really liked it on the bike last year. It carries my rod/ rods, tackle trays and has enough room for anything else you need for the day. 

E7B3011B-819A-43C6-BA3B-2F20EA34ABA0.jpeg