BG_NJ

Pinelands; Brendan T. Byrne State Forest Fishing

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Anybody have any spot-burn free general tips about fishing the areas around Brendan T Byrne/Bass River/Wharton state forests? Looking to go on a prespawn adventure in the northern portion of this area in the coming weeks.

Haven't explored this vast expanse of largely undeveloped land in our densely populated state. Looks like there are a ton of winding creeks and small ponds etc...

Mostly interested in largemouth but any insight welcomed.

Bonus: Anyone ever travel a bit too far West and have a run in with the US military?

contact the people at Edwin B Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge they are trying to make fishing spots in that area and are very helpful. 

2 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

contact the people at Edwin B Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge they are trying to make fishing spots in that area and are very helpful. 

Thanks!

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 mins ago, BG_NJ said:

Thanks!

they will eventually have maps but they might have things they can email you with all of the access defined.   they gave a presentation at my fishing club I wish I would have taken scene shots because they had  a lot of...... people don't know but you can park here. 

Edited by crazybellringer

On 3/3/2021 at 3:14 PM, BG_NJ said:

Anybody have any spot-burn free general tips about fishing the areas around Brendan T Byrne/Bass River/Wharton state forests? Looking to go on a prespawn adventure in the northern portion of this area in the coming weeks.

Haven't explored this vast expanse of largely undeveloped land in our densely populated state. Looks like there are a ton of winding creeks and small ponds etc...

Mostly interested in largemouth but any insight welcomed.

Bonus: Anyone ever travel a bit too far West and have a run in with the US military?

Bring wire leaders and dont step on rattlers

When you find some spots let me know staying home is driving me nuts, all my gear is fully serviced and ready for action. l can't be that far from you also in Ocean County.