nfnDrum

Lowrance Hook Reveal 7 TripleShot?

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Deposit has been placed on a new Outback, I'm in no rush to spend more money and plan to wait for a sale for electronics. Is the Lowrance Hook Reveal 7 Triple Shot overkill or is it beneficial in shallow water. What run time can i expect with a lithium battery?

Edited by nfnDrum

I have the hook 5. Definitely regretted getting the smaller screen. I don’t really use the side can often usually only for freshwater. Definitely get the gps model though. I don’t know about battery drain on lithium but I can go a few trips with a mother cycle sized led acid battery

12 mins ago, Bigred78 said:

I have the hook 5. Definitely regretted getting the smaller screen. I don’t really use the side can often usually only for freshwater. Definitely get the gps model though. I don’t know about battery drain on lithium but I can go a few trips with a mother cycle sized led acid battery

It will see salt and fresh water, and i will be getting GPS since i no longer have my handheld. It saved my ass in fog.  

Have the hook reveal 7. Love it. Had a standard hook2 prior @ 5". Love the bigger screen. Can split screen navioncs charts on one side and still have good size for fish finder side. Have also had it hit with some serious water with no issue. Just my 2 cents. I think fishfinders are like rods and kayaks, everyone has a there preferences for one reason or another. 

1 hour ago, nfnDrum said:

It will see salt and fresh water, and i will be getting GPS since i no longer have my handheld. It saved my ass in fog.  

I like that unit. Combo units are great.  See if you can get a deal with the Navionics card included. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'm also looking at the Garmin ECHOMAP.  Lowrance is in the lead with price but Garmin has some sick tech. and over the years thier GPS units have never failed me. Internal batteries have died but they still work if plugged in.

Edited by nfnDrum

7" screen is the way to go, even a 9" if you have the room.  I have a Hook2 5 Reveal, and a Hook2 7 Tripleshot.  Both are good units, but the 7" screen is definitely the better option.  The Reveal feature doesn't do much for me really, but both units work very well once you get your settings set correctly. 

If you want stupid clear images, maybe look at the Lowrance Live units or the Humminbird Helix Mega Imaging units.  I'm 95% sure I'm going to sell my Lowrance units and go Humminbird this year at some point.  If you freshwater fish a lot, I'd recommend getting side-scan and learning how to use it.  Finding those isolated stumps and rockpiles is game-changing.

5 hours ago, Drumfish420 said:

7" screen is the way to go, even a 9" if you have the room.  I have a Hook2 5 Reveal, and a Hook2 7 Tripleshot.  Both are good units, but the 7" screen is definitely the better option.  The Reveal feature doesn't do much for me really, but both units work very well once you get your settings set correctly. 

If you want stupid clear images, maybe look at the Lowrance Live units or the Humminbird Helix Mega Imaging units.  I'm 95% sure I'm going to sell my Lowrance units and go Humminbird this year at some point.  If you freshwater fish a lot, I'd recommend getting side-scan and learning how to use it.  Finding those isolated stumps and rockpiles is game-changing.

I'd love a stupid clear image. I just have adverse reaction to stupid expensive prices. I promised the kids a New TV and PS5. So spending so much on 9" sonar although nice is not practical when compared to a 55 inch TV and a PS5.

7 hours ago, nfnDrum said:

So spending so much on 9" sonar although nice is not practical when compared to a 55 inch TV and a PS5.

You deserve toys too - and a 55" tv won't catch you more fish :)