danny_a

Daiwa Rebellion vs Shimano Zodias

11 posts in this topic

Hello, I was hoping someone out there has had some experience with these two spinning rods and could give me a handle on how the Zodias compares to the Rebellion, in the ML - L range.

I own a Rebellion and a Shimano Expride, and love their sensitivity, and light weight.  I hear good things about the new Zodias, so I was curious what you guys think.

Thanks.

Posted (edited) · Report post

This is a good topic. I doubt anyone has fished both of these rods, since they have been out of stock a lot and are still new to market. I think it will likely come down to personal taste because specifications are similar and built to a similar price constraint.. though someone will likely chime in they don't like the monocoque handle or it's gimmicky. They are pretty similar, however the Zodias is using Fuji Alconite guides while the Daiwa uses Fuji SiC. Not sure about the rod weights.

Edited by MAGA

You can't go wrong with any of these but the Expride is still noticeably more sensitive and balanced than the rebellions and first gen zodias I've used. 

The poison adrenas with the monocoque handles are exceptionally sensitive, so monocoque might not be hype though it's a different blank obviously. One thing to note is that the Expride 610ML is a very soft rod, not very versatile but excellent for vertical dropshot and light neds. The Adrena 67ML covers many of the same techniques but has slightly more backbone and is much more versatile despite being shorter. Casts better than the 610 Expride too oddly enough, I think bc it has an improved guide train.  

Thank you all for the input. 

I'll hopefully get the opportunity to try out the Zodias this spring and see it in action.

so these rods have been out for a while now - anyone have more feedback? Picked up a poison adrena and really like it.. but thinking about getting one of the new zodias or rebellions for reaction baits. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I held one of the new Exprides in my hands a few days ago. Now I know what all the fuss is about! These rods are like a feather. They weigh about nothing. I don’t think you can find a better rod than these. I need another rod like a hole in the head but when I do buy a new one it will be one of these.:laugh:

Edited by Flip n Dip

8 mins ago, Flip n Dip said:

I held one of the new Exprides in my hands a few days ago. Now I know what all the fuss is about! These rods are like a feather. They weigh about nothing. I don’t think you can find a better rod than these. I need another rod like a hole in the head but when I do buy a new one it will be one of these.:laugh:

The new ones haven't been announced yet so I'm pretty sure the one you held is the original, def one of the best bang for buck rods out there - I just hope they don't mess up a good thing. Monocoque def adds a little sensitivity, and I am digging the cork foregrip on the prototype spinning model. 

I have a 2020 Zodias now and I really like it. Great balance and weight. I let someone hold it that was fishing $100 Lews rods and he was blown away. I like the guides better than those on my Expride. Just as with the Expride, ergonomics can't be beat (reel seat has no hot spots). The other thing to note is the grip is lengthened from the first gen. Sensitivity is all relative, but it does feel crisp.