ExcessiveAngler

VINTAGE CONVENTIONAL REEL I.D

6 posts in this topic

Howdy, first time visiting this forum. I recently joined stripers online community and discovered this forum. I was just thinking about the good all days fishing with my father and my uncle. They all have been long gone but not forgotten as the are the ones that got me into the recreation that I love so much. I remember them speaking about my grandfather ,but I was very very young.I can still remember all their stories.So I decided to dig through an old box that I have with some of their reels. I was able to identify some of them LASHLESS 1700A, A few PENN’s, some OCEAN CITY reels and the one I’m posting pics of that I can’t find anything about. Any information would be helpful. Looks like it says ROXY CO on the clicker side and SAILOR On the handle side. Thanks.

47877AD6-D11A-4811-8034-78E0177A4F72.jpeg

DA780E1B-12C5-4175-AF49-306C5A03893E.jpeg

The Roxy Company was located at 214 Market Street in Philadelphia and had most of there reels made By Horrocks Ibbotson from what i gathered from a quick search.

On 3/3/2021 at 9:35 PM, IslandSurf said:

The Roxy Company was located at 214 Market Street in Philadelphia and had most of there reels made By Horrocks Ibbotson from what i gathered from a quick search.

I’m glad you found something.I couldn’t find anything on the Internet.I Googled  the name and even tried switching search engines.