Chasin Tails Oakdale, NY

Rate this topic

skinny755

Does anybody know what happened to this tackle shop?  I dropped off some reels a month ago to get serviced and never heard back.   I’ve been there several times, the door is locked and the lights are off.  Phone message says they’re still open but you can’t leave a message.  Anybody have any idea?  Hope they’re ok.  

Machine will not accept any new messages.  It doesn't look like anybody’s been to the shop in awhile.  Magazines are piled up outside the place.  I was hoping somebody here knows Frank.  Guy was always a gentleman whenever I was In there.  

Skinny,

That's weird. I was just there at Prez. Day. I walked in with my son looking for a medium spinning rod. Old guy was there with a young 'kid'. Both were making rigs for selling in the summer. I looked around, talked for about 10 minutes and he said new rods would be in closer to April. Nothing indicated that they were shutting down or closing shop or anything. 

The old guy was a little overweight so if he had some health condition and something terrible happened, then that could explain why no one has been there in a while.

That's all I know.  Carpniels

Fisherman with 4 sons. I hope they all catch the 'bug' so I have a good excuse to leave the house and go fishing.

Thanks for that.  I don’t think they shut down.  Everything is still in the store...just wondering why they haven’t been open.  I know a lot of people that currently have their reels there.  Just weird,  no signs in the window and nothing on their answering machine.   Like I said I hope they’re ok.  

I do not know this man or the shop. Just a cheap internet detective who went to his facebook page for his shop and saw that he has gone fishing and have a great time with pan fish. Let the man fish, he will be back.

1C5CCA79-7F3F-47E3-B3CB-27C919A73769.png

Skinny,

I forgot to mention:. the old man had a TON of reels sitting behind him on a shelf. I asked him if those were also for sale (he had some used reels in the store up front). No, he said, those are repairs and maintenance that people haven't picked up, sometimes for a year... I said, why would anyone do that? He said, beats me, but they'll come. Needless to say, I couldn't buy any of those nice 'used' reels on the cheap from him :)

Carpniels

Fisherman with 4 sons. I hope they all catch the 'bug' so I have a good excuse to leave the house and go fishing.