R.R. Bridge Fisher

Big swimbaits

6 posts in this topic

I will head out soon at ice out with some big swimmers and maybe some smaller saltwater plugs looking for pike.

I would be switching up lures frequently.  I want to bring like 8 lures, 10 tops.

I don't want plastic plannos but something that I can carry along or put in a backpack. 

Any recommendations? 

I can look around the garage and probably find something to put them in but I want some different ideas?

I want to bring a big rod,the lures some pliers and hike in to the Damm and cast to the deep spots. 

What do you carry swimbaits in?

Thanks for any ideas....

10 hours ago, Mack26 said:

The small Supreme bag makes a great belt bag and carries probably 6 plugs comfortably. Great little bag for the money.

I have the same bag and it would be perfect for you. 

11 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I will head out soon at ice out with some big swimmers and maybe some smaller saltwater plugs looking for pike.

I would be switching up lures frequently.  I want to bring like 8 lures, 10 tops.

I don't want plastic plannos but something that I can carry along or put in a backpack. 

Any recommendations? 

I can look around the garage and probably find something to put them in but I want some different ideas?

I want to bring a big rod,the lures some pliers and hike in to the Damm and cast to the deep spots. 

What do you carry swimbaits in?

Thanks for any ideas....

Surf bag.  

Freezer Ziploc bags, keep similar colored soft plastics together. Then they can be tucked into a surf tube, waders pocket, or small separate bag/backpack (what I carry mine in). It's not fancy, but it gets the job done and keeps the soft plastic baits from drying out and hooks from snagging other things in your bag. Double up the bags if you want, but one bag usually does the job fine for me.