Best casting Floating Popper?

Rate this topic

RyanPost

A couple of good poppers out there that will fit this niche you're looking for.

Plastic Poppers:

Yozuri Surface Cruiser: 1.5 oz and 3 oz which is what you're looking for. Personally, I like these because they cast super far more so than a tsunami talking popper. Great action as well on these plugs

Tsunami Talkin Popper: Many sizes pretty sure they make 2.5 and 1.5. Go for the XD (Xtra Distance) models they cast a little bit shorter than the surface cruisers for me but the one thing I don't like is that it's a bit hard to get a TA clip onto the plug sometimes.

Super strikes: Makes a couple of floating poppers and best casting lures in my bag. Personally my favorite because it's less energy to work it than pencil poppers.

Wood Poppers:

Gibbs: Similar to surface cruiser but it floats a bit better and has a larger profile. Colors don't really matter to me for poppers only the profile and action but that's just my philosophy on poppers.

Guppy: I just got one never really used it but have heard good things about this lure.

TLDR Super Strikes will probably give you the best distance. But if you're looking at pencil poppers Gibbs and Surface Cruiser are also viable options.

Edited by Inception

27 mins ago, RyanPost said:

Im looking for a 5" and a 6" maybe a 7" popper with really good casting range. Looking for weights on the 5" at 1.5 oz and the 6/7" around 2.5 Oz.

Any recommendations? 

I know to some the Yozuri bull pop may be a plug built for forked tail pelagics, but it pushes good water and illicits some good strikes when the bass aren't feeling too rambunctious.

14 hours ago, RyanPost said:

Im looking for a 5" and a 6" maybe a 7" popper with really good casting range. Looking for weights on the 5" at 1.5 oz and the 6/7" around 2.5 Oz.

Any recommendations? 

I have to agree with Inception on the Yozuri surface cruiser. Specifically the original ones. I wouldn't give you 2 cents for the newer ones personally. Short of the original sinking SS little necks, the Yozuri surface cruiser was probably the only series of plugs that I can think of that were ALL perfect at what they do. Their weights were 1 3/8, 2 1/4 and 3 1/2 oz.

As mentioned above the Tsunami Talking Popper - XD casts great and can work it like a popper or a pencil.  Its a deadly plug.

^^ I didnt even notice it didnt get censored, I guess anal is acceptable in SOL....

14 hours ago, RyanPost said:

Any recommendations? 

If you're taking about a real popper, try a Halco Roosta popper, size 135. That should fit your bill. Indestructible, cheap, casts a mile.