jgonz

Lamiglas GSB10MS

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Anyone have any experience with this rod? It’s MH, moderate, and rated 2-5 oz. 

How does it handle 1 oz. bucktails? And is casting a 4-5 oz. plug exhausting (probably)? 

Edited by jgonz

It will throw a 1 oz BT ok. I’ve done it but I really didn’t get a good feel on what the BT was doing. I think that is the more important part then getting it out there, if you understand what I mean. The 1201L is a better choice for throwing lighter lures. It’s personal preference I guess. Good luck

1 min ago, Mark L said:

It will throw a 1 oz BT ok. I’ve done it but I really didn’t get a good feel on what the BT was doing. I think that is the more important part then getting it out there, if you understand what I mean. The 1201L is a better choice for throwing lighter lures. It’s personal preference I guess. Good luck

Thanks for the reply, and that makes complete sense. I’ve heard multiple guys refer to the bucktail as an extension of your hand. 

My concerns with the 1201L are whether or not it can easily handle big fish, and if I’d find myself gassing out from catching loads of smaller fish. Do you have any experience fishing a light power rod? 

I think you’ll be just fine fishing the L and yes it’ll handle big fish. If you can still find them. 

18 mins ago, Mark L said:

I think you’ll be just fine fishing the L and yes it’ll handle big fish. If you can still find them. 

Yeah what’s up with that? Hoping there’s a restock coming

3 mins ago, michaelsykora said:

I believe it is a medium not medium heavy.

I noticed some confusion there. On the lamiglas website, the title listing says medium but the description says medium heavy

5 mins ago, michaelsykora said:

I have the GSB11MS 

How does it fish around the upper and lower oz. ratings? And where does it shine?

9 hours ago, jgonz said:

I noticed some confusion there. On the lamiglas website, the title listing says medium but the description says medium heavy

I would say for an 11 its probably a medium with 2-5 oz rating. a mh 11 foot would be more

9 hours ago, jgonz said:

How does it fish around the upper and lower oz. ratings? And where does it shine?

Havent fished it yet just got in this winter and it is also 2-5