UncleJohn

March 2021 Fishing reports

Rate this topic

508 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, alltacklenofish said:

Nasty out front today blowing hard out of the south.  Did see the gannets fishing about a quarter mile off shore.

Such a shame. Just 10 yards beyond your casting range! :wave:

17 hours ago, crazybellringer said:

I would try trolling small lures and covering a lot of ground if you find fish drop some bloods.  A depth finder would help because  sometimes the fish are in 12 feet of water not 10 or 14 but 12.  I would also bring binoculars and mug fishless and his crew. 

Excellent idea on mugging Fishless and his compadres. If Still Trying wants, I'll send him their nightly schedule and specific locations. Always willing to help. 

Caught 2 shorts yesterday on worms in Barnegat Bay. missed one as well.  Heavy Ssw was perfect for the area and the action was on the low turn to incoming. water was 45 at the time.

On 3/11/2021 at 10:23 AM, Still Trying said:

I tried yesterday from 10:30am to 1:30 in MoCo outback.  My first time salt fishing in my kayak.  Other than me torturing a few bloodworms, there was no activity.  Nothing.  It was a nice day on the water, but I think I need more education on early spring fishing.  If any of you experts would be willing to share a little guidance, I would appreciate a PM.  My work and family schedule makes it difficult for me to get out often, so my learning curve will be very long.  When I do get out, I am hoping for at least a chance.  Many of your posts have really helped me with my surf fishing later in the year and I am very thankful for the knowledge and advice.  Thanks again.

This time of year the western side of the bay will hold fish more so than the eastern side. The water will be a little warmer near creek or river outlets. Whatever you present, slow retrieve is best.

12 hours ago, Fly By Nite said:

It's NJ. Stained everyday.

Yep.... when I drive over the RB and the water is clearly tan to brown through solarized sunglasses I tell myself “ehhh not bad”

West side in the back. Hit four spots before noon and two between 2 and 6. All flavors of artificials and not a bump to be had. Didn’t see anyone picking up either. Worth every minute though on a day like today

D6D3B782-9622-4779-8E95-C2FA2A86BECE.jpeg