March 2021 Fishing reports

Rate this topic

UncleJohn

Haven’t seen the back that low in years. Yesterday afternoon.

I love when we make way past the breakwater at first light and head out, there's nothing better, the whole rest of the world just melts away for me.

(*edited - member formerly known as 'windknot')

2 hours ago, Lagerhead said:

Haven’t seen the back that low in years. Yesterday afternoon.

Yea, same. Walked out further then i normally do for low tide and sunk in the muck. Almost had a heart attack cause my foot sunk down and muck was above my calf. I knew better too. 

Just got done in BB . Water was off color but fishabe. Got 11 today but much smaller than my last few trips on worms. I’m done with bait for now. Kayak time is my next few trips. Many fish showing this year so far for Great bay, Barnegat bay and Raritan . My network has done great so far. Encouraging with so many catching. Water was finally 50 where I was on outgoing. Good luck 

These reports have me encouraged. My quarantine period ends on Sunday so that might end up being the first day I get out there. I hope I'm back to 100 percent by then. This ended up being the first March I didn't fish in a few years which feels weird. I'm totally ready to go though. My buddy tells me they put the floating docks down at the local ramp so hopefully this ramp opens up this week like it's supposed to. 

14 mins ago, hurricane1091 said:

These reports have me encouraged. My quarantine period ends on Sunday so that might end up being the first day I get out there. I hope I'm back to 100 percent by then. This ended up being the first March I didn't fish in a few years which feels weird. I'm totally ready to go though. My buddy tells me they put the floating docks down at the local ramp so hopefully this ramp opens up this week like it's supposed to. 

Same thing with me.  Got the corona last week and hoping I feel well again to go out and fish next week.  My buds are catching fish and it’s pissing me off I can’t be out there with them, lol 

Hope you recover 100%!

9 mins ago, GeoffT said:

Same thing with me.  Got the corona last week and hoping I feel well again to go out and fish next week.  My buds are catching fish and it’s pissing me off I can’t be out there with them, lol 

Hope you recover 100%!

Hey at least we're not alone lol. I'm so ready to get out there. I'm surprised that a couple good fish have been caught already in my local body of water. It usually doesn't really get going until April and I thought after a cold winter that would surely be the case again but apparently not. We'll be out there soon enough

56 mins ago, bbfish said:

It’s amazing and incredibly stupid everywhere I look online there are people almost fighting to give extra detail on reports and upset that they can’t give more without backlash.  If you find yourself upset by my post I’m talking about you.  

Ive seen some wacky stuff out there as well.  Catch pic instagram. Its very odd. 

i did inform some of the locals today that a bag full of 22” bass is not legal.  They tries saying they were from PA and the regulation is 22”.  The conversation didnt end well. 

Edited by Goldy

6 hours ago, Goldy said:

Ive seen some wacky stuff out there as well.  Catch pic instagram. Its very odd. 

i did inform some of the locals today that a bag full of 22” bass is not legal.  They tries saying they were from PA and the regulation is 22”.  The conversation didnt end well. 

That is disgusting.  Good for you for saying something.  

7 hours ago, bbfish said:

It’s amazing and incredibly stupid everywhere I look online there are people almost fighting to give extra detail on reports and upset that they can’t give more without backlash.  If you find yourself upset by my post I’m talking about you.  

All i was asking was if they bite in the rain or do they use lighter or darker plug at night. :p

"Goya Pro Staffer".

EGGY Award Winner For The Month Of Mayo.

• Sudsy locked this topic