UncleJohn

March 2021 Fishing reports

Rate this topic

508 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, hurricane1091 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the other gentleman's fish is a winter flounder, no?

You are correct. Winter flounder looks right; fluke looks left.

46 mins ago, Lagerhead said:

Back of bay

many birds feeding

a good sign 

Saw the same thing today, birds put on quite the show for a while. Found more bunker..

Beautiful day, light east wind on fog for most of the day, water temp dropped back to 42, clean & a bit of weed; some herring around and others participating-

5 hours ago, hurricane1091 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the other gentleman's fish is a winter flounder, no?

Might be. Pic is small in my phone. 

Too many bunker yesterday though bass were chasing them creating waves. The bass would force them against the beach unbelievable....no hook-ups. My flys are 7 to 11 inches, even bait and spin fishermen were frustrated. Buddy said boat guy got fish up river.

1 hour ago, saltyh2ofly said:

Too many bunker yesterday though bass were chasing them creating waves. The bass would force them against the beach unbelievable....no hook-ups. My flys are 7 to 11 inches, even bait and spin fishermen were frustrated. Buddy said boat guy got fish up river.

Any photos the flies you were fishing, I would be interested in seeing them.

24 mins ago, njcatchrelease said:

Any photos the flies you were fishing, I would be interested in seeing them.

Go back a page, he posted a fly yesterday.

Just an early morning trip, plenty of thick fog, followed by the sun and now very windy!   Had a quick breakfast and heading back home, see ya next week.

Hey Kids,

First bulk skunk report for the Spring. Out back OC. Work schedule isn’t agreeing with tides and bite. Missed it all this week by an hour or 2. All evening outings this week for about an 1hr. End of incoming, typical icky stained water in back. Saw my first Osprey hunting from above yesterday. Guys are throwing the bag. Haven’t seen anyone catch so far.

4 hours ago, saltyh2ofly said:

Just walked the backside in N. Monmouth at LT and found a bunch of sizable dead bunker. Some up on the sand and some visible in the shallows. Was wondering if ot was a fish kill or something beached them. 

1 hour ago, Niffty said:

Just walked the backside in N. Monmouth at LT and found a bunch of sizable dead bunker. Some up on the sand and some visible in the shallows. Was wondering if ot was a fish kill or something beached them. 

This same thing was mentioned on the weekly report from “The Fisherman” magazine. Doesn’t sound as if they are sure what’s caused this so far.