UncleJohn

March 2021 Fishing reports

Rate this topic

508 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Borneo said:

Look what I found. A fat 19" flounder. First one of these I caught in years. A good sign.

IMG_0116.JPG

Once Fluke season starts, you won't catch one that size. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, squidder 329 said:

No I would have kept those and nothing would be said. :naughty:

Lol.

 

Well, people of the reports thread. Gonna throw on me rain gear and see what's going on at a spot or two. We shall see if anything. Conditions are not ripe but I have an unshakable itch to get out for my second time so far. Some of my best nights anyway were the snotty ones 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, Saltine109 said:

Lol.

 

Well, people of the reports thread. Gonna throw on me rain gear and see what's going on at a spot or two. We shall see if anything. Conditions are not ripe but I have an unshakable itch to get out for my second time so far. Some of my best nights anyway were the snotty ones 

Best of luck, all kinds of thoughts on weather affecting fishing. Do downpours affect fishing ?, I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fished RB on the yak this past Sunday for the first outing of the year.  What a beautiful day.  Soaked some worms for 4 hours for not a tap.  No baits marked either although I saw one splash close by.  Water was around 41 and went up to about 44 by 11am.  I was no deeper than 10 feet of water.  Nothing happening on the beach either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, squidder 329 said:

Best of luck, all kinds of thoughts on weather affecting fishing. Do downpours affect fishing ?, I don't know.

Thabks bud.  the rain passed or should be soon, throwing on the waders now and will be out there within the hour. But the wind has chilled out, not that it was even really too bad BUT...what has actually gotten me excited is a "thick fog advisory". To me, that equals a pretty damn good chance or at least very fishy conditions. As long as it wasn't post swell, which tonight was not, post rain conditions especially that become quickly calm after has been successful for me in the past. As a matter of fact fellas, I will make it a point to furnish a bass tonight. Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 mins ago, saltyh2ofly said:

OThe Board.....

Large Hollow Flye in grey/lavender/white. Lots of bunker around some flipping but other individuals being chased. Landed this 29" way in the back plus snagged bunker and one solid hit missed.

 

IMG_20210324_213407_603.jpg

IMG_20210324_213407_643.jpg

Nice one. Guess I’ll bust out the long rod now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, saltyh2ofly said:

OThe Board.....

Large Hollow Flye in grey/lavender/white. Lots of bunker around some flipping but other individuals being chased. Landed this 29" way in the back plus snagged bunker and one solid hit missed.

 

IMG_20210324_213407_603.jpg

IMG_20210324_213407_643.jpg

Whats the length on.that fly? Just curious....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, bdowning said:

Whats the length on.that fly? Just curious....

About 8 inches, in the water it opens to a fuller profile. I throw it on my 7wgt with no problem.

Edited by saltyh2ofly
Corrected length

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2021 at 10:22 AM, Borneo said:

Look what I found. A fat 19" flounder. First one of these I caught in years. A good sign.

IMG_0116.JPG

FB_IMG_1616696292164.jpg.ab28c2844f8de491fcc0736aba0c510b.jpg

 

I caught a nice fluke early in the season when the blues showed up a few years ago. Thought it would be a good sign. Turned out to be the worst fluke season I ever fished. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 mins ago, Niffty said:

FB_IMG_1616696292164.jpg.ab28c2844f8de491fcc0736aba0c510b.jpg

 

I caught a nice fluke early in the season when the blues showed up a few years ago. Thought it would be a good sign. Turned out to be the worst fluke season I ever fished. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but the other gentleman's fish is a winter flounder, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.