UncleJohn

March 2021 Fishing reports

Rate this topic

508 posts in this topic

Its March 1...    who's ready to go ... 

A little reminder to those who haven't renewed their saltwater fishing registry  ....

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Didn’t see a soul out there today out front or back in the river save some illegal clammers. Not a bump in beautiful water

what kind of tackle are you guys using out front and then out back? never tried fishing this early before but itching to go. Also think I may pony up another $1500 and put the boat in a slip again.  First time I ever did it was 3 years ago and my father ended up needed triple bi pass surgery and I never got to use it that year. 

Gale NW wind coupled with blow out near full moon low revealed the beach in all its glory; some great soft structure, deep bowls and cuts developed over the winter was a great day to walk the beach Where i am standing is typically 2 feet of water at dead low

D32AD309-94EA-4C37-A3C8-E20EE2FAB9CD.jpeg

1 hour ago, suntzu said:

Gale NW wind coupled with blow out near full moon low revealed the beach in all its glory; some great soft structure, deep bowls and cuts developed over the winter was a great day to walk the beach Where i am standing is typically 2 feet of water at dead low

D32AD309-94EA-4C37-A3C8-E20EE2FAB9CD.jpeg

This is a beach out front?

53 mins ago, fishless said:

This is a beach out front?

Squan as AllTackle said you could walk past the jetty tips on the sand. I was marking cuts and holes from Squan up to Spring Lake; intel that is huge once the season gets underway Biggest pleasant surprise was the number of surf clams out there

This morning I saw the strangest thing. Dozens of mole crabs frozen at the tide line. My guess is overnight at high tide it was well below freezing so when the waves rolled up at high with mole crabs the sand was frozen and they couldn’t burrow and froze;  was a strange sight 

Same down here. Full (ish) moon and a honking west wind. One bar, at the end of my street, was about 30-40 yards out further than the others. Think I may give that a try or six this spring.