Top Plugs For Bass now Discontinued

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, John B said:

Mambo Minnows and every other company that used that plug body

Megabaits, especially the JB110...

No more Mambo's??

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 1/2" Jointed Sinking Rebel, 1.75 oz. Atom Junior,  Alou Eels, Red Gills (original style), Tri Fin Eel Worms and Whiptails, rough sided Redfins

Edited by SC

All good solid lures mentioned above. I will add to this the upperman bucktail. While bean shaped bucktails are available, no one makes that classic bean bt like the original upperman.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

32 mins ago, redfin said:

All good solid lures mentioned above. I will add to this the upperman bucktail. While bean shaped bucktails are available, no one makes that classic bean bt like the original upperman.  

Andrus makes them 

Edited by VanStaalSteve

Loved the alou eels.  But I really loved the atoms.  The 56 p popper was the the lure of choice when I was a kid.  It had just 5he right density.  The ones that were made after Bob Pond were not the same.  They were more durable but they didn’t catch.  The old atoms were a perfect product they broke when they kissed a rock (so you had to buy another) and bass loved them.  The other atom I miss is the spin atom.  It was the best skin plug I ever fished.  Steve I have a few sea hags but never fished them.  Am I missing something?

5 mins ago, VanStaalSteve said:

Andrus makes them 

Steve, is there still any stores that carry them, my searches came up empty, gave up about a year ago. thanks Derek

Just now, derekh said:

Steve, is there still any stores that carry them, my searches came up empty, gave up about a year ago. thanks Derek

I buy them locally at Quaker lane B and T in North Kingstown. They don't have any at present as they are all sold out and waiting for their spring order from Andrus.

8 mins ago, dannyplug1 said:

Loved the alou eels.  But I really loved the atoms.  The 56 p popper was the the lure of choice when I was a kid.  It had just 5he right density.  The ones that were made after Bob Pond were not the same.  They were more durable but they didn’t catch.  The old atoms were a perfect product they broke when they kissed a rock (so you had to buy another) and bass loved them.  The other atom I miss is the spin atom.  It was the best skin plug I ever fished.  Steve I have a few sea hags but never fished them.  Am I missing something?

Sea hag is a very good darter.

2 mins ago, dannyplug1 said:

Do you load em?   What makes them better or different than other darters?

Yes, they can be loaded. They have nice action and catch.