Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ged

March Public Hearings on Fishing & Hunting Cost Increases

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hello Volunteer Instructors,

 

I am writing with a follow-up to the email invitation sent in January regarding the proposed hunting and fishing license fee increase. 

 

A license fee structure was presented to the Fisheries and Wildlife Board at its public meeting on February 17, 2021 and MassWildlife has scheduled 3 additional information sessions in March to further discuss the proposal. The public can ask questions, make comments, and learn more about MassWildlife’ s programs, how MassWildlife is funded, and why a license increase is needed by attending a virtual information session: 

 

 

You can find more and updated details at: mass.gov/masswildlife-funding

Please plan to attend one of these sessions if you can, and share the links widely with your family, friends, and others in your network.

 

Thank you,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Email from Masswildlife this morning. I have no confidence that they will make any changes to proposed increases, but you have a chance  to share your opinion and ask questions. 

Edited by ged

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 mins ago, ged said:

Email from Masswildlife this morning. I have no confidence that they will make any changes to proposed increases, but you have a chance  to share your opinion and ask questions. 

I agree. Share your opinion is a polite way of saying wasting your breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, bob_G said:

I agree. Share your opinion is a polite way of saying wasting your breath.

You're probably correct about that, but since everyone has plenty of spare breath to waste on complaints after the fact, why not direct some towards the powers that be.

We know nothing is accomplished crying in fishing forums but everybody has energy for that.

Not directing that at you personally, just sayin'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 mins ago, mikez2 said:

You're probably correct about that, but since everyone has plenty of spare breath to waste on complaints after the fact, why not direct some towards the powers that be.

We know nothing is accomplished crying in fishing forums but everybody has energy for that.

Not directing that at you personally, just sayin'. 

I get it, and know it wasn't directed at me.  I've attended all sorts of meetings regarding hunting and fishing.  I was always of the opinion minds were made up and the fix was in before the meeting took place. The meeting was a mere formality, and just to cover the law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 mins ago, bob_G said:

I get it, and know it wasn't directed at me.  I've attended all sorts of meetings regarding hunting and fishing.  I was always of the opinion minds were made up and the fix was in before the meeting took place. The meeting was a mere formality, and just to cover the law.

I think that's mostly true but still, it's still better than doing nothing. 

If public outcry never worked, we'd have an island in the Quabin with rattlesnakes on it by now.:worms:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, mikez2 said:

I think that's mostly true but still, it's still better than doing nothing. 

If public outcry never worked, we'd have an island in the Quabin with rattlesnakes on it by now.:worms:

Very true, ALL public employees must be constantly reminded that they work for the people not the people working for them..................

 

Cost increases are inevitable, every five years insteasd  of every 26 years makes a lot more sense to me........................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.