Bojoey

What rod for 4 ounces and bloodworms.

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

11’ Penn Batallion, might want to go with the 12’ if you plan on throwing chunks too. But for small baits and medium weights the 11 should be perfect. No need to get a Century or anything crazy for a bait rod. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Not familiar with your spot. Depends how far you need to bomb it. They make everything from 9'-13' that can handle 4oz.

Edited by nfnDrum

1 min ago, Bojoey said:

Ok  Capn! Lighten up I just edited it

Thanks.  And not being a dick,  just when some goes there and finds it "well inhabited" by the internet anglers it sucks.  That's why we try not to post specific locations it burns them quickly

Thems the rules to use this place 

I found when I fished bloods a lot my favorite rod for it was a fiberglass rod with moderate action. If you use a fast action graphite you'll throw off half your bait every time. A nice old school honey lami or even a cheap Shakespeare will lob your soft baits to where they need to be. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

21 hours ago, Bojoey said:

No problem just learning the sport. A lot of dicks on the internet though

Such is life thou.  Don't take it personal. 

Welcome to fishing btw. Nothing wrong with sinking a worm.  Wish they were cheaper thou. Last time I took my family out they blew thru $65 in worms in no time at all!  

As far as what rod.  If u have a place that your buying worms from. Check there. You'll be able to hold it in hand and see.  Maybe check out some other shops too.  

You'll build a relationship with the shop, they'll help you along as well.   

It's quite nice actually. And I really miss it. 

But... If your unable to go to a shop at the moment and can only do online shopping (as I am) we'll need more info.  

Price, storage, transportation, what tyoe of spots you fish & etc. 

Personally I like 9-10ft rods 2 or 3piece.   I'd love a 70/30% 2piece but a 7ft length doesn't fit well in my car or home.  So I usually buy 50/50% 2 piece or 3 piece (also have 4 piece for travel)   

If all your going to fish is light baits & 4oz (+/-) you don't need to get crazy.   I'd be happy with a 9ft Ugly Stik & a Penn 704z, 1/4lb spool of 20lb mono, spool of 40lb leader and some tackle.  

But that's just me.  

Edited by PSegnatelli