Scubaman

South Florida Everglades - Largemouth

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Hi,  I am planning a September or early October trip to fish the Everglades and other locations for largemouth and maybe peacocks.  Will be staying in Hollywood. I know it will be hot in September, but how is the fishing?  My other option is to go in early June, but not sure if I can take the trip then.  any advice is appreciated.

12 hours ago, Scubaman said:

Hi,  I am planning a September or early October trip to fish the Everglades and other locations for largemouth and maybe peacocks.  Will be staying in Hollywood. I know it will be hot in September, but how is the fishing?  My other option is to go in early June, but not sure if I can take the trip then.  any advice is appreciated.

Fishing for largemouth bass can be good anytime of the year here in Florida....just figure out the pattern to find out what they want. On some days the pattern can be the least expected presentation....and once figured out, then it’s game on...some fine examples of which I’ve posted here on this forum.

Bass are temperature sensitive, and they also don’t like direct sunlight. Peacocks start to die at 60 degrees. I prefer fall fishing because the everglades can be brutal in the summer but still enjoyable early morning, late afternoon...or even at night. If targeting peacocks, stay south and go west. But remember the further south one goes, or the further west, the water becomes brackish....then it’s tarpon time lol