Rose Nulman Park

Rate this topic

cow tamer

I think someone in the Nulman family is concerned that erosion has caused a hazardous situation, thus the emphasis that the path along the north end of the property be used to access the water. Not only has the entrance been barricaded to vehicles, but “no trespassing” signs were posted last fall.

I’d hate to see access lost as it’s used by a multitude of people for different reasons ranging from viewing the sun rise to the sun setting, catching a cool summer breeze,  surfing, fishing, etc.

Another area in the vicinity that would benefit from some attention is the property owned the city of Providence abutting Camp Cronin. It hasn’t been used as a summer camp for years, and the neglect is obvious.

It’s closed because the property is privately owned by the Nulman family and The old restaurant on the property is recently condemned. Unfortunately because of that the whole property had to close down including the parking lot. Until the insurance company can come up with something which apparently isn’t as easy as knocking the building down because of its proximity to the ocean everything’s in limbo. The Narragansett patch has an article up about it. 

56 mins ago, Karate Johnny said:

It’s closed because the property is privately owned by the Nulman family and The old restaurant on the property is recently condemned. Unfortunately because of that the whole property had to close down including the parking lot. Until the insurance company can come up with something which apparently isn’t as easy as knocking the building down because of its proximity to the ocean everything’s in limbo. The Narragansett patch has an article up about it. 

Your first post and quite informative at that.

Welcome.

A brother of the angle

4 hours ago, Karate Johnny said:

Thanks. Explains a lot. 

Pfantum Pfishah

5 hours ago, Karate Johnny said:

I don't think the property is closed because of the condemned Old Lighthouse Inn. It's been torn down for at least ten years now, maybe longer. The park was open to all before the virus. According to their face book page, that's the reason it was closed last March, 2020.

Possibly,  and I'm speculating here, maybe the Nulman Assoc. are keeping the park closed due to the new shoreline erosion without proper fencing installed. 

o.jpg

54255714_397422724387672_494551104583892992_o.jpg

Nothing flies by me without a hook!
If my fly is down, That's a good thing.

Public Access.....It's a shore thing. My daily requirement of "Vitamin Sea".

Capt. Ray Stachelek

Just seeing that boulder field makes me happy, sad, and frustrated all at once. Drove out over the weekend and it's still all closed. However, and I doubt this will continue without tickets/towing, people have been parking in the middle of Ocean Rd. over the past ~6 months. There are deep tire tracks as of this weekend, so it's likely to be stopped soon is my best guess.

nulman.PNG

Edited by Sleve
additional info and image
Man I Love Fishing

19 hours ago, Sleve said:

Just seeing that boulder field makes me happy, sad, and frustrated all at once. Drove out over the weekend and it's still all closed. However, and I doubt this will continue without tickets/towing, people have been parking in the middle of Ocean Rd. over the past ~6 months. There are deep tire tracks as of this weekend, so it's likely to be stopped soon is my best guess.

nulman.PNG

18 hours ago, Kooky said:

as soon as those spots start impeding traffic w surfers, sightseers, and fisherman that will get clamped down fast

Already occurred on a couple of occasions during the fall run last season. I remember speaking w/ one of the town PO's that was stuck on that traffic detial and he had given me a small resident card for me to stick in my window so other PO's patrolling the area would leave this townie alone ;).