jimmy z

lipless swimmers

Rate this topic

102 posts in this topic

My favorite shallow water plug. I used to see them made years ago by a few guys,  but haven't seen them in years. 

Hahn used to make them and a RI guy, Tiger plugs. SS had them in their line up too.

Anyone know a clipless maker today?

My last one:

16143767801402137861372942136604.jpg

Just now, t_man7 said:

I wish more guys made them today.  I’d like to try some.  Luckily I can try and build my own! 
Is RI builder Plugman?

No, Plugman was Del Barber, and sadly he passed on a few years back. Tiger was a guy, who posted here too, who made lipless swimmers. I forget the guys name. I fished with him years ago

2 mins ago, t_man7 said:

I wish more guys made them today.  I’d like to try some.  Luckily I can try and build my own! 
Is RI builder Plugman?

I'm telling ya, it is one good swimming plug:howdy:

There were rumors many years ago SS was going to make one.  I know Donny has sold a few wooden ones at the shows in the past. I'm still waiting w/my credit card.  

Just now, PaulS said:

There were rumors many years ago SS was going to make one.  I know Donny has sold a few wooden ones at the shows in the past. I'm still waiting w/my credit card.  

If ya can find an old poster of the SS lineup, there is a lipless swimmer on that poster:howdy:

In terms of commercial builders, I’ve yet to see them which is why I build them myself.  Also heard the rumors mentioned above, also heard he was never quite happy with them 

2 mins ago, Bluetaildragger said:

In terms of commercial builders, I’ve yet to see them which is why I build them myself.  Also heard the rumors mentioned above, also heard he was never quite happy with them 

lol, I love them!:howdy:

9 mins ago, Bluetaildragger said:

Tome, it's a plug that needs to be made of wood. I don't know how a plastic lipless would swim.:howdy: