A Jersey thing...but I wonder.

Rate this topic

Cool Hand Fluke

I have been tossing this idea around in my head for some time and while I have not been around a lot over the last decade for various reasons, here is my idea for a Jersey Challenge.  I am curious for some feedback as to if it could be done and would it be possible.  Apologies if it has already been thought of as we all know there are very few original ideas left in the world.

1 different fish from each of the 21 counties in NJ over 24 hours.  Salt or Fresh makes no difference.

Thoughts?

newjersey-county-map.jpg

Living on the right side of the bell curve for over half a century...

Life to the feeling man is a tragedy while life to the thinking man is a comedy.

Not sure if I agree...just futzing around with Google Maps and in less than 90 minutes of drivetime to fishables spots in Bergen (Fair Lawn), Passaic (Paterson right across the river), Sussex(zip out 80 to Byram), Warren (Musconetcong), Morris (wade across the musconetcong), Hunterdon (Readington) and Somerset (Bridgewater).

That's a third of the counties right there. 

Not talking trophies here..

Life to the feeling man is a tragedy while life to the thinking man is a comedy.

2 mins ago, Dan Tinman said:

Does that mean a different species of fish in each county?

that's the idea.

At the end of the day you will have taken 21 different fish one from each of the 21 counties in NJ all in under 24 hours. A bluegill and a pumpkinseed count as two different fish.