Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stuu

So, whats your weekend plans ?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

The weather says a chance of Rain/thunder storms(strong at times) for tonight and Saturday, so I will play it by ear. Ofcourse I would love to run into the LARGE, or some 5lb weakfish, or "Blues to 16lbs chasing large bunkers" like I read on some other site, or my real hope, BONITA !!!! Not that I would pass up a cast at Spanish or Albies, but Bonita is one of the few fish I would bring home to eat. Remove the "Dark strip", and you are left with the best tastin fish in the ocean, imho. As always, have a pleasant safe fishy weekend, Stu cwm9.gif

Well I am off to Hatteras smile.gif Going to head down for a long relaxing weekend biggrin.gif. Going to stay with our compadre JohnB while there. I got the word on a few puppies being around and of course the everpresent spanish and small blues smile.gif The plan is to relax and enjoy, not fish to oblivion like usual smile.gif

see y'all tuseday smile.gif

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

Thinking about a pre-dawn trip in the morning with the light plugging rod and/or flyrod. Maybe I'll get something other than a shad. Who knows? The rest of the weekend will be spent working on the new house cwm1.gif . This house is really cutting into my fishing time. cwm14.gif Hopefully, I can get everything done soon and get this cwm5.gif off my back so I can spend some quality time in the suds.

------------------

Jesse

jlaw58@prodigy.net

[This message has been edited by Jesse (edited 08-11-2000).]

I'm going to continue to look for the elusive unicorn....we've been finding them where they should be, on the jetty fronts and in the suds. Fish up to 15#'s in the foamy suds and up to 18#'s on the jetty fronts. It's just a matter of getting out, making the casts, and moving your feet till you find them. Some waves wouldn't hurt!

Also, it might be the weekend of the kayaks, Charlie got his the other day, now we're ready to being. They certainly open up all new avenues of fishing, sneaky, quiet, light...there's places we've never been before but have long drooled over that will get a peak soon. I dunno if this weekend will be spent in the yaks or on foot, but either way, we'll be looking! No trip to the Cape this week, didn't work out, but there's always next week for that....have to keep an ear open and see what's up that way.

Best of luck to Jeepster and his growing family, God bless you and your crew!

TimS

If these storms don't shut down my plans for the evening, I'm heading out on my buddy's boat on the Sound. It's pouring outside right now here in NYC, so I'm getting more and more skeptical as to whether or not it's going to happen. I fished last night at Pennfield Reef with some degree of success. Got there right around sunset and little choppers were blasting the peanuts that have begun to show up in swarms, and was able to grab 2 of them before they disappeared with the darkness. Waded way out and right around high slack (8:30), bass started rolling all over the place. There were some very good sized swirls mixed in with them, but it was unbelievably frustrating, as they would touch absolutely nothing in our bags. I assumed they were feeding on the nuts which we could still see swarming, but they wouldn't touch any of the usual imitations. Flashlight on the water revealed a huge cinder worm hatch, and I was there without a fly rod or any imitation that they would touch. mad.gif I finally got one 24" to hit a small sandeel imitation that was almost dead drifted, but that was it. So tough to see that many fish all around me, and nothing to do about it. Oh well, we'll see what will happen this weekend....

Tight lines,

Linesides

Heading to Cape May for a one week vacation w/ the family. While there might try to harass the weaks and blues.

Mike,

Congratulations on the new baby and best of luck. Things will return to normal (or close) in a couple of months.

Kurt

Following up the productive trip to the ledges this morning with a trip to The River. Tomorrow, Ragfly and I will attempt to best the size of the fish that we got last Sat. Yah know, this is the time of year when I get location anxiety attacks. There is just SO MUCH good water to fish and so much little time. Sunday, I might go visit my Grandmother in Wells. Maybe look up MartyK and take him out on the ledges. biggrin.gif

Camping/Fishing Camporee Weekend on Assateague...

Alberto swells are chest high now - possible head high later. You should be getting some wave action soon Tim.

Tired of doldrums need some reddrums...

David

..i'm going to watch the weather channel to see if john b and john m are having a good time down at hatteras.

------------------

fm/nj

I fished Wed nite and thurs nite in fling area and there are plenty o fish around if you look/work for em.

No fishin for me this weekend but i look forward to reading all your reports mon. am.

Good luck and be safe! cwm32.gif

I was told today to expect some overtime for the next couple of months. I managed to get a computer for home though, so, I'll be home drafting and painting plugs this weekend. Anyone up for a chat tonight? I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing weekend.

Charlie