snapper1

Renzetti Clouser Traveler 2200

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I do not know this vice but I do have a clouser arm for my masters vice. I use it when I tie clousers but I do switch it back to the regular arm when I tie other stuff. 

I've got the Traveler Clouser vice, had it for about two years now.  Works great for the flies I tie - saltwater ties, size 4 hooks and above. Besides clousers, I tie Gurglers, EP baitfish/minnows, redfish crack style flies - it does well with those patterns.  When I first got it, I was disappointed with the hook holding power of the jaws - then I read the manual and followed instructions - no problems since! Also, getting the tension adjustment just right took me some time.  My previous vice was a griffin 2A, so that's my only basis for comparison. I do use the rotary feature, mostly for checking the far side of the fly, but also for palmering estaz, etc.  Also, if you want to use a materials clip with the clouser, just get one of the round springs, not the renzetti clip.  You can get a hook retainer for the clouser vice from renzetti if you tie tandem/articulated flies.    

8 hours ago, MooreLyonQuick said:

I've got the Traveler Clouser vice, had it for about two years now.  Works great for the flies I tie - saltwater ties, size 4 hooks and above. Besides clousers, I tie Gurglers, EP baitfish/minnows, redfish crack style flies - it does well with those patterns.  When I first got it, I was disappointed with the hook holding power of the jaws - then I read the manual and followed instructions - no problems since! Also, getting the tension adjustment just right took me some time.  My previous vice was a griffin 2A, so that's my only basis for comparison. I do use the rotary feature, mostly for checking the far side of the fly, but also for palmering estaz, etc.  Also, if you want to use a materials clip with the clouser, just get one of the round springs, not the renzetti clip.  You can get a hook retainer for the clouser vice from renzetti if you tie tandem/articulated flies.    

Thank you.

I'm developing serious arthrosis in my hands...Seems like the ''inline'' rotating system of that vise would help me a bit in tying materials under the hook...Once again, thanks for your input.

20 mins ago, snapper1 said:

Thank you.

I'm developing serious arthrosis in my hands...Seems like the ''inline'' rotating system of that vise would help me a bit in tying materials under the hook...Once again, thanks for your input.

What handed fly tier are you? 

2 mins ago, Linesidesonthefly said:

What handed fly tier are you? 

Bobin in right hand, holding materials with left.

Just now, snapper1 said:

Bobin in right hand, holding materials with left.

Excellent. I’m gonna make your day. 
Many years ago after losing my wife to cancer. Like 2007. 
A group of strangers here on SOL had a fund raiser on my behalf. I’ve never forgot that kindness. And since then I’ve tried to pay things forward as best of my abilities. 
A short time ago I was gifted an older Renzetti Traveler. For a right handed person. 
It seems like passing this Vice to you on the house would be appropriate. 
It’s a little tarnished from sitting. But it still functions as it should.

If you can hang on until Saturday I’d be honored to send it your way. 

1 min ago, Linesidesonthefly said:

A group of strangers here on SOL had a fund raiser on my behalf. I’ve never forgot that kindness. And since then I’ve tried to pay things forward as best of my abilities. 
A short time ago I was gifted an older Renzetti Traveler. For a right handed person. 

That is a very generous offer...Really. But I have to decline. I do not think the regular traveler would help with my problem...I am actually tying on a Peak rotary and the geometry of the system is similar to the regular Traveler....That is why I'm considering the Clouser Traveler.

Thank you for your kind offer. I am sure you will find a person who will put the vise to good use.

Cheers

2 mins ago, snapper1 said:

That is a very generous offer...Really. But I have to decline. I do not think the regular traveler would help with my problem...I am actually tying on a Peak rotary and the geometry of the system is similar to the regular Traveler....That is why I'm considering the Clouser Traveler.

Thank you for your kind offer. I am sure you will find a person who will put the vise to good use.

Cheers

Your very welcome. And thanks for the time and consideration. 

1 min ago, Linesidesonthefly said:

Your very welcome. And thanks for the time and consideration. 

You are a gentleman.

Have a great evening and best of luck.

Posted (edited) · Report post

18 mins ago, Linesidesonthefly said:

This community answered the bell, that is for sure.  Thankful to have seen the power of support first hand.  Nice gesture, Pete.  

Edited by HeyNine-ah

On 3/1/2021 at 5:18 PM, Linesidesonthefly said:

Sorry for your lose and I just wanted to say that was a great gesture on your part.

As far as a materials clip to hold on the vise.In the womens hair care sections of all kinds of stores you can buy hairclips that are like fingers that interlock upon themselves[like for ponytails] for cheap.They come in lots of sizes and clamp to the vise head.The small ones fit perfectly and the package has 8 or so in the package.

On 26/03/2021 at 10:50 AM, theshadow said:

As far as a materials clip to hold on the vise.In the womens hair care sections of all kinds of stores you can buy hairclips that are like fingers that interlock upon themselves[like for ponytails] for cheap.They come in lots of sizes and clamp to the vise head.The small ones fit perfectly and the package has 8 or so in the package.

Already using these. Thanx