burkie

Herring

Rate this topic

82 posts in this topic

over 130k in harwich so far. The moon should push a lot more thru over the next few days. Night seems to be the favorite time this year. I've been down a bunch of times during the day, but the first time i went at dusk was the first time i saw them in thick. smelled them as soon as i got out of the truck. 

hundreds of cormorants have set up shop in the area and the ospreys are feasting as well...amazing sight to see them dive bomb

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 4/15/2021 at 11:26 AM, Two Rock said:

Checked out the Plymouth town brook run saw ten go thru in a couple minutes, and I didn’t have to leave my couch 

https://www.plymouth-ma.gov/marine-and-environmental-affairs/pages/fish-camera

That is awesome.   I needed another distraction today. 

snpped this photo from the live stream?   Fish ID?  Not sure it’s a herring? Second snap is better of a duo 

4B76DE5B-123C-4C08-B288-6CF9BA1362C0.jpeg

778B3424-A267-4211-9A8A-876028EC19AF.png

Edited by jimbighead

On 4/27/2021 at 5:18 PM, bradW said:

over 130k in harwich so far. The moon should push a lot more thru over the next few days. Night seems to be the favorite time this year. I've been down a bunch of times during the day, but the first time i went at dusk was the first time i saw them in thick. smelled them as soon as i got out of the truck. 

hundreds of cormorants have set up shop in the area and the ospreys are feasting as well...amazing sight to see them dive bomb

the full moon pushed over 80k through the counter the past few days. 212k total as of yesterday afternoon

Usually see the mystic and Charles boiling by now. Only ones I’ve seen were in the mouth of a loon, small ones at that.

1 hour ago, MoreLunkers said:

Usually see the mystic and Charles boiling by now. Only ones I’ve seen were in the mouth of a loon, small ones at that.

I was at the lower Mystic yesterday, saw some busting from cormorants but yeah not anything crazy yet