putty

Feather lite resin lure making

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Did up a mold earlier today. Corrugated cardboard for the mold box held together with glue sticks. Ran wire through the front and rear to hold the master in place. Once set up, I'll slit the top down the center like the other one I showed and add a pour spout. Pretty simple.

IMG_20210227_073733337.jpg

I've used Alumilite and Feather Lite. To get something in between in both weight and bouyancy, when you first open the cans of both parts A and B of the Feather Lite, remove equal amount of the top layer of filler from both part A and B. The more removed, the less buoyant the cured mixture becomes. You can create buoyancy between Alumilite and original Featherlike. This allows you to create plugs of different actions and characteristics from the same molds. I test swim and weigh each plug and write with a Sharpie marker on the plugs their weight [if they swim good enough to fish].

46 mins ago, sandflea5 said:

I've used Alumilite and Feather Lite. To get something in between in both weight and bouyancy, when you first open the cans of both parts A and B of the Feather Lite, remove equal amount of the top layer of filler from both part A and B. The more removed, the less buoyant the cured mixture becomes. You can create buoyancy between Alumilite and original Featherlike. This allows you to create plugs of different actions and characteristics from the same molds. I test swim and weigh each plug and write with a Sharpie marker on the plugs their weight [if they swim good enough to fish].

Good info, thanks!