BrianBM

Just what Boeing didn't need.

Rate this topic

81 posts in this topic

Engines going nuts, and Boeing is hardly over and done with the 737 Max problem, either. And not so great for Pratt & Whitney, either. Does anyone know if the P&W engine in the 747 is the same as in the 777?

I can hear the lawyers warming up their word processors already.

Saw that on Fox scary stuff plane parts landing on your house. I watch "Air Disasters" on Smithsonian if you fly a lot don't watch the programs.

Why are they fixing what ain't broke?  *ly wtf this is not what air travel needs.

I watched 2 shows last night called air warriors....one was the F-18A and the other the sabrejet.....so cool.  Both WWII top aces killed in test flights back home in the states like a year or two after their return.....sucks.

5 mins ago, HopHead said:

Why are they fixing what ain't broke?  *ly wtf this is not what air travel needs.

I watched 2 shows last night called air warriors....one was the F-18A and the other the sabrejet.....so cool.  Both WWII top aces killed in test flights back home in the states like a year or two after their return.....sucks.

52,000hp. One engine failed at 75,000 hours, others over 30,000 hours of use. Hollow fan blade let go. Increase service at 30,000 hours or replace engine.

15 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Engines going nuts, and Boeing is hardly over and done with the 737 Max problem, either. And not so great for Pratt & Whitney, either. Does anyone know if the P&W engine in the 747 is the same as in the 777?

I can hear the lawyers warming up their word processors already.

Not the same engine.

777 uses PW4074 and PW4084 112 inch

747 uses PW4000 94 inch in several thrust ratings.

Actually was a great selling point for the planes safety features.

Fan containment worked as designed and plane landed safely with one engine.

I'll wager is scared the sh*t out of many of the passengers.