jp

Soft Plastics

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Wondering how you organize soft plastic baits.  I have Hogy, RonZ, Fin S Fish, Hurley, Shankas and more.  All in various colors and sizes, along with all the assorted jig heads.  Do you keep them in the plastic bags or organize them in boxes?  Trying to figure out the most efficient method.  

I just store mine in a couple of Plano boxes.  A dozen or so in each,  broken down by weight (1-4oz) and color. Then I carry them in my canal bag.

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 hours ago, jp said:

Wondering how you organize soft plastic baits. 

Red & pink sluggos in their own box. The red & pink dye in both will run into other lures. I've had red sluggos turn my white ones pink.

I have my white and green mac paddletails in another box. 

20210221_161346.jpg.00cabb9da1d9c195668f226e74584cd6.jpg

Edited by zak-striper

1 hour ago, zak-striper said:

Red & pink sluggos in their own box. The red & pink dye in both will run into other lures. I've had red sluggos turn my white ones pink.

One have my white and green Mac paddletails in other box. 

20210221_161346.jpg.00cabb9da1d9c195668f226e74584cd6.jpg

Many purple soft plastics will bleed out red on to others. So basically anything with red dye in it will bleed into lighter plastics. Store those seperately

10 mins ago, Pescador710 said:

Apparently the plastics will dissolve each other

Interesting.  Storing commercially poured baits will often destroy each other.  But the ones I pour myself using Netcraft plastic are a non issue.  The colors don't even run.

The best solution is probably to have a box or bag for each bait because

no one really knows what others are pouring with ....

If it's your own stuff ....then of course.

....but if you're buying over the counter baits.   Store them separately!  

6 hours ago, jp said:

Wondering how you organize soft plastic baits.  I have Hogy, RonZ, Fin S Fish, Hurley, Shankas and more.  All in various colors and sizes, along with all the assorted jig heads.  Do you keep them in the plastic bags or organize them in boxes?  Trying to figure out the most efficient method.  

Getting the itch I am:)

52846931_2097400680336472_4395837854236803072_o.jpg

7 hours ago, jp said:

I have a soft plastic pouch of sorts with separate compartments that rolls up and has two handles up top. It's not really a pouch it's flat and rolls up. It might be for holding tuna fishing rigs.

I can fit a lot of heads /tails in it and roll it up and put it in my bike basket. It's easier and holds more than plannos which I have a few of too.

I will dig it out tomorrow and show some pictures. 

8 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I have a soft plastic pouch of sorts with separate compartments that rolls up and has two handles up top. It's not really a pouch it's flat and rolls up. It might be for holding tuna fishing rigs.

I can fit a lot of heads /tails in it and roll it up and put it in my bike basket. It's easier and holds more than plannos which I have a few of too.

I will dig it out tomorrow and show some pictures. 

I've been struggling on storage. Not real satisfied with what I got. That looks pretty good.  

TY