NightMoves00

Which Blank to go with?

Rate this topic

65 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am sure this topic has been brought up a lot, I apologize in advance. I have two custom builds that I love, a LamiGSB 9’6” and a Bushido 8’6” The Lani I use for relying and bigger plugs.. the tips isn’t really sensitive so it’s not great for SPs, Bombers, Needles etc. I had the Bushido built to handle the nights when I’m throwing the smaller stuff... I am looking for something a little bigger in 10’-11’ range, I would like it sensitive enough to toss some smaller plugs at times but be able to handle the occasional bigger plugs or rigged eels. I mainly fish RI and a Southern Ma. This bigger rod would be specifically for BI and if I have a chance Montauk this year... Thank you for any input and recommendations. I will be pairing a VSX250 or 275 with this as well. Tight lines!

11 hours ago, NightMoves00 said:

Hello all,

I am sure this topic has been brought up a lot, I apologize in advance. I have two custom builds that I love, a LamiGSB 9’6” and a Bushido 8’6” The Lani I use for relying and bigger plugs.. the tips isn’t really sensitive so it’s not great for SPs, Bombers, Needles etc. I had the Bushido built to handle the nights when I’m throwing the smaller stuff... I am looking for something a little bigger in 10’-11’ range, I would like it sensitive enough to toss some smaller plugs at times but be able to handle the occasional bigger plugs or rigged eels. I mainly fish RI and a Southern Ma. This bigger rod would be specifically for BI and if I have a chance Montauk this year... Thank you for any input and recommendations. I will be pairing a VSX250 or 275 with this as well. Tight lines!

Century 11' S2 Stealth.  It's very light and sensitive.  It will throw a 3/4- bucktail up to 5oz with it being happiest up to 4 oz. Absolute pleasure to fish.

2 hours ago, AFMike said:

Century 11' S2 Stealth.  It's very light and sensitive.  It will throw a 3/4- bucktail up to 5oz with it being happiest up to 4 oz. Absolute pleasure to fish.

Love my Stealth

2 hours ago, AFMike said:

Thank you very much! This is definitely the info I was looking for. Typically on BI I would be throwing needles, rigged eels, but I want to be able to throw a bucktail or SP if need be. I don’t want to be going out there with 3 diff set ups. I hate to say it but these days I feel like there are a lot more people that are looking to jack peoples stuff then rather respect it. So that’s why I would prefer just one set up to bring with me. 

1 min ago, NightMoves00 said:

Thank you very much! This is definitely the info I was looking for. Typically on BI I would be throwing needles, rigged eels, but I want to be able to throw a bucktail or SP if need be. I don’t want to be going out there with 3 diff set ups. I hate to say it but these days I feel like there are a lot more people that are looking to jack peoples stuff then rather respect it. So that’s why I would prefer just one set up to bring with me. 

AF Mike... what reel do you have on yours? 

I have CTS vapor trails 2 to 4 plus 3 to 6, and  and Lami's 1321m's  they all have their purpose. all titainium guides and Apls reel seats.

2 mins ago, Bob C. said:

I have CTS vapor trails 2 to 4 plus 3 to 6, and  and Lami's 1321m's  they all have their purpose. all titainium guides and Apls reel seats.

I honestly forgot about the CTS Vapor Trails... That’s a lot of what CMS in New Bedford uses correct? I agree each rod has their own designated purpose. 

7 mins ago, NightMoves00 said:

AF Mike... what reel do you have on yours? 

I run a ZB 25 on mine or a VS 200.

The S2 is one of the most comprehensive blanks/rods you will find.  Great distance,  great sensitivity and just a great rod to fish. 

18 hours ago, NightMoves00 said:

Hello all,

If you going with the CTS vapor trail I would not use a van staal. you can, but it’s a distance caster for open beaches. These two rods century s2 2-5 or CTS s7 1-4 is what you want with a vsx250. I use those rods with my 200 and vr175. Those rods I would take to montauk especially fishing on rocks, I would leave my vapor trail at home. 

3 hours ago, Water Dog said:

This thread is perfect as I’m also looking for a BIock Island rod to pair with my VSX200.  Keep the recommendations coming!  

Century S2 or cts s7