jjdbike

American Legacy - any purchase experiences?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hey folks,

I need to replace my broken trout rod. I landed on a G. Loomis GLX. I see American Legacy offers a 10% coupon for first purchase after signing up and free express shipping for items over a certain price, which the GLX certainly qualifies. I usually use Fish USA & I like them They're in PA, they had really great customer service pre-covid and have a decent selection. The 10% and free express shipping is big deal for a rod that's all over $400.

I've never made a purchase from American Legacy.

Can anyone share any recent experiences good or bad? Not willing to make that expensive of a purchase blind.

Thanks in advance!

JD

Edited by jjdbike

No complaints from me either -although in my case, it was a one time purchase of a fly rod during a G Loomis 25% off sale (something they have on occasions if you have the time to wait it out)

I've purchased a Tranx 300, 3 GLX rods and an IMX PRO BLUE from them. I signed up and saved like you did on my first order and wait for sales. No hassle returns. Good Outfit. 

Edited by nfnDrum

On 2/20/2021 at 4:43 PM, BDigital said:

Just make sure certain brands aren't excluded from that 10% off. 

16 hours ago, albacized said:

No complaints from me either -although in my case, it was a one time purchase of a fly rod during a G Loomis 25% off sale (something they have on occasions if you have the time to wait it out)

5 hours ago, nfnDrum said:

I've purchased a Tranx 300, 3 GLX rods and an IMX PRO BLUE from them. I signed up and saved like you did on my first order and wait for sales. No hassle returns. Good Outfit. 

4 hours ago, RWP said:

100% good to go.

Call them before you order, they usually can offer a better price over the phone.

Thanks all, will call them.

Prob is, & why I don't see any sales in the near future.... like everything else fishing related, they can;t keep up inventory. I NEED a trout rod to two, but every rod I look at is out of stock.

JD

I've bought from them and they're a good seller.  Recently inquired about the trade in program and the estimate they put on my reel was a bit low for me,  however.

2 hours ago, Skunkoff said:

I've bought from them and they're a good seller.  Recently inquired about the trade in program and the estimate they put on my reel was a bit low for me,  however.

I too looked into trade in. They offered me 30% of what they sell it for used. I'd call that a low ball for a trade in. I am very glad I bought what I did when I did shortages are creating inflated prices. Deals are harder to find. Not that it matters I have more crap then i need. 

Edited by nfnDrum

Only have had great experiences with them. Very fast shipping.

I try to only use PayPal so I can use their buyer protection. If not, your credit card will always stand by you. And if they don’t, just cancel them. 

Made a few purchases off them over the years. I was always pleased. They have an Ebay store too, where I bought a couple of new Loomis NRX fly rods. I offered well below retail price, and they accepted my offers. They are a good company. Would definitely purchase from them again.