bob_G

This old photo

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

On 2/23/2021 at 8:07 AM, bob_G said:

Stan Kuzia had a canal nickname.  Does anyone recall what it was? 

Bob, appears as though your the only person here that knew Stan well enough to know his canal nickname.

You mind sharing it with us?

1 hour ago, Joe G said:

Bob, appears as though your the only person here that knew Stan well enough to know his canal nickname.

You mind sharing it with us?

I first met Stan in the mid 1960.  He was noted for two things, his omni present cigar, and his hat.  He always wore one of those Boston southie newsboy caps.  Hence the nickname, The Hat.

Something else came to mind the other night, so I thought best to add it to this thread instead of beginning a new one.

First off, this was over 55 years ago, I was a kid, so my memory may be foggy. 

It was Paul Kukonen who first directed us to Red Top. We were having a tough time catching stripers, and needed some guidance. Paul told my dad to look up his friend, Bunny, and mention his name.   Paul concluded by jokingly saying maybe Bunny can get you out on the shop's boat, it's named The Red Top. Just like the shop.  Paul also may have said both he and Frank Woolner were once out fishing on the boat, and Paul filmed a fishing trip for one of his famous hunting and fishing shows he held annually at the Little Theater in Worcester.

That's really all I recall. So apparently the Red Top folks may have ran charters out of Red Top as well. I never did see the boat, or know where it was docked.  Just another piece of the Bunny DePietro/Red Top puzzle.

58 mins ago, bob_G said:

...That's really all I recall. So apparently the Red Top folks may have ran charters out of Red Top as well. I never did see the boat, or know where it was docked.  Just another piece of the Bunny DePietro/Red Top puzzle.

Yep, I recall hearing that as well, Bob.  Good memory.

If ya know, did Bunny know anything about boats or was he limited in his knowledge to fishing only on hard?