nightfighter

So my Texas cousins....

Rate this topic

155 posts in this topic

Used to question why on earth I would live where the cost of living is so high??? They were singing a different tune when I checked in on them... Our most costly infra structure, utility grid, and building codes re. insulation, were put in place for a reason.! And it's funny that everyone now talks of climate change instead of global warming....

Also funny that our "southern" brethren think we're crazy for driving in the snow and ice....but at least we can drive in the snow and ice.

How many multi-vehicle pile-ups do we have in the north east during the winter compared to everything south of the Mason-Dixon line? 

Reminded me some years back when northern Ireland had their first white Christmas in over 100 years.

They didn't get FEET of snow, but enough that since no one there knew what a snow tire or snow shovel was, they wouldn't leave their houses because they didn't know how to drive in snow.

The north east tends to get all the various weather conditions that the rest of the country gets, only we get it for shorter periods during the year. Hot, cold, hurricanes, tornados, damaging winds and floods and yet we still survive.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Our tax dollars have also been spent on trucks, plows sanders and pretreatment materials. They haven't budgeted nor bought any equipment. That road in Fort Worth had not been touched! It had to be a skating rink. That Fedex truck didn't even appear to slow before impact....

But the water damage from frozen pipes thawing is going to be massive. 

Edited by nightfighter

It’s a shame what happened on that interstate....I’ve been south on several occasions. They can’t drive when it’s clear out. I’ve been out in this for most of the day, and never even clicked the 4x4 on

57 mins ago, nightfighter said:

Our tax dollars have also been spent on trucks, plows sanders and pretreatment materials. They haven't budgeted nor bought any equipment. That road in Fort Worth had not been touched! It had to be a skating rink. That Fedex truck didn't even appear to slow before impact....

To stupid to shut the water off when they lose heat

1 min ago, ted527 said:

Im seeing that on the news. Dont they have water shut offs in the house?

Posted (edited) · Report post

shut off inside

wide open outside

if you let it drip that works too I hear

Edited by seadogface
debbie downer

1 hour ago, nightfighter said:

Thats just it....as soon as those 50's and 60's comes a lot of those mains out in the street will break.  Sprinkler Systems destroyed.  This will be billions and billions of dollars to fix. All those controls at the natural gas plant will have to be replaced. I worked at 1 natural gas plant up in Salem, MA and those instruments are very expensive. 

25 mins ago, ted527 said:

23 mins ago, Fishing Pete said:

Im seeing that on the news. Dont they have water shut offs in the house?

Obviously, they don't wear those big hats because they got oversized brains.