VitaminDee

Hyped up lures that don't work for you?

Rate this topic

114 posts in this topic

39 mins ago, SJ from the Bay said:

Gotta agree on this. Found a chicken scratch on the beach, it’s perfect for cutting wind and that’s about it 

The only thing I’ve caught on it was a weak fish. It was two years on one I painted my version of BI green. 

The new style Rebel windcheaters are solid rubbish. Take the lip off and they look just like a Rebel Jumpin' minnow which are like pure gold for me. Go figure???

0420windcheat1_1024x.JPG?v=1555801521

IMG_1372_clipped_rev_1_1436x1436.jpg?v=1

1 hour ago, VanStaalSteve said:

Very surprising that SS darters ,bottles and needles , SP minnows , North bar bottle darters and Yozuri plastics are mentioned in the over hyped, no catch category. These plugs have been staples in my bag for years.

At one spot or another, there’s always at least an SP and or anything SS. Think the one place I don’t bring either to is the canal. 

1 min ago, SJ from the Bay said:

At one spot or another, there’s always at least an SP and or anything SS. Think the one place I don’t bring either to is the canal. 

The largest SP definitely has a place in the canal rotation, especially when tinkers or whiting are the primary forage.

I own a large white eurojett Danny, swims like a champ. I had it in my bag for 2 years. Couldn’t raise a fish on it. It also never fouls the line like we all experience when throwing wood swimmers , a main reason why I kept taking it. That’s 4 years now it hasn’t drawn any attention. 

Just now, Sandbar1 said:

The largest SP definitely has a place in the canal rotation, especially when tinkers or whiting are the primary forage.

Yeah paid the price on that one this past year, bonito were in and an SP was the ticket 

8 hours ago, VanStaalSteve said:

Very surprising that SS darters ,bottles and needles , SP minnows , North bar bottle darters and Yozuri plastics are mentioned in the over hyped, no catch category. These plugs have been staples in my bag for years.

For real. There the only thing I actually catch on lol 

10 hours ago, ColinF said:

Hogy Paddle tails for me 

What?!?! 
how can you not catch with Hogy paddle tails? Those things are budder

SP?!? There have been soooo many times I throw on an SP after trying everything in the bag, as a way to prevent being skunked for the day. I have never caught a beast like the above, but I can always count on a SP to pick up a few so I don’t leave empty handed.

8 hours ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

The new style Rebel windcheaters are solid rubbish. Take the lip off and they look just like a Rebel Jumpin' minnow which are like pure gold for me. Go figure???

0420windcheat1_1024x.JPG?v=1555801521

IMG_1372_clipped_rev_1_1436x1436.jpg?v=1

Take that lip off and move that back hook to the front hanger. Makes for a really erratic small pencil popper that I have done extremely well with

10 hours ago, Mark L said:

I can’t believe no one has said the sp bullet, lotta hype but not so good. 

I consider more of a needle fish type lure.  I have some and the one night I did not carry it my buddy caught a bass on almost every cast.  My sp got no love as did most of the other plugs in my bag.  I think I got 2 bass all night and he got 50.

Next time out the sp bullet was back to being ignored lol but other lures worked

18 mins ago, Captain Ahab said:

I consider more of a needle fish type lure.  I have some and the one night I did not carry it my buddy caught a bass on almost every cast.  My sp got no love as did most of the other plugs in my bag.  I think I got 2 bass all night and he got 50.

Next time out the sp bullet was back to being ignored lol but other lures worked

I agree with you it is more like a needle with a very slight wiggle. Like every lure it has a time and place but that must be very very small. Maybe a blitz of blues lol. 

Sp bullit for sure !one time fishing with my buddy ted he is throwing the bullit hooking up almost every cast ! I clip same lure on and nothing ! So it was not the lure it was the fisherman The fish just liked the way he swims it . Same with the stick shad.