VitaminDee

Hyped up lures that don't work for you?

Rate this topic

114 posts in this topic

Super spook or really all walking topwaters for freshwater. I’m sure I haven’t given them a fair shake though and fish them in the opposite conditions in which they are intend to be fished. Love the action and working them though. 

When I first started going with artificial and wanted to learn bucktails I spent almost two seasons fishing them exclusively. I’ve done the same with other lures I was determined to catch with. Usually it’s something so subtle that makes it all click. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Really? Mirrolures? They are great, especially for puppy drum and trout. Even flounder. A twitch or two and let them sink/float/drag whatever. Don’t give up. Love the 52. 

Edited by Rougesun

27 mins ago, linesiderdemdnj said:

This fish was so stupid to hit such a piece of crap lure like an sp Minnow - I almost wish I didn’t catch it

2DD66F3B-4F7E-4BC8-8018-2C40E3B9EC0F.jpeg

Dumb fish made a big mistake 

The Yozuri minnow and Joe Braggs swarter are complete pieces of crap in my pond. I had tried similar lures and get hits. They work on small fish. 

Guys, I'd be happy to take your SP minnows, poppers, deadlydicks, and any floating lures off your hands.:laugh:

41 mins ago, coastalfreak said:

Super spook or really all walking topwaters for freshwater. I’m sure I haven’t given them a fair shake though and fish them in the opposite conditions in which they are intend to be fished. Love the action and working them though. 

Dust them off, it’s almost time

51 mins ago, linesiderdemdnj said:

Banjo minnow

Holy crap I forgot about those!!!!! Mom bought me some as a kid!  Couldn't even catch mackerel with them, and they hit anything that moves!

6 hours ago, MitchellNJ said:

SP Minnow. Complete pieces of crap.

One night a bud of mine and I are out fishing. Can’t get a tap. Throwing everything in the bag and didn’t even think of throwing an SP. 

Kid shows up, all he has is SP’s and hooks up right away. 

1 hour ago, Mark L said:

I can’t believe no one has said the sp bullet, lotta hype but not so good. 

Gotta agree on this. Found a chicken scratch on the beach, it’s perfect for cutting wind and that’s about it 

Very surprising that SS darters ,bottles and needles , SP minnows , North bar bottle darters and Yozuri plastics are mentioned in the over hyped, no catch category. These plugs have been staples in my bag for years.