VitaminDee

Hyped up lures that don't work for you?

Rate this topic

128 posts in this topic

Slow day at work and thinking about all the lures I have.

What hyped up lure everyone raves about but it just doesn't work for you?

Mine would be the freakin Needle fish plugs. As many times I tried using it, I still haven't caught anything on it yet.

slow crawled and even slower after that and nothing yet. :waah:

Everything SuperStrike. I have a ton of them in my bag: Darters, Bottleplugs, Poppers, N-Fish...I just don't catch on them. I take off a SS Darter and put on a T/A Sub-Darter and I catch. I take off a SS Bottle Plug and put on a Northbar...and I catch. I've worn out SS plugs having never caught on them. I think I've only ever caught on one SS chartreuse Darter and a yellow popper that was in the middle of a blitz.

I literally have worn out/broken SS plugs that have never caught.

27 mins ago, RockRonin said:

Everything SuperStrike. I have a ton of them in my bag: Darters, Bottleplugs, Poppers, N-Fish...I just don't catch on them. I take off a SS Darter and put on a T/A Sub-Darter and I catch. I take off a SS Bottle Plug and put on a Northbar...and I catch. I've worn out SS plugs having never caught on them. I think I've only ever caught on one SS chartreuse Darter and a yellow popper that was in the middle of a blitz.

I literally have worn out/broken SS plugs that have never caught.

WOW

Just now, CLFish5 said:

WOW

I know, right? As everyone who reads this thread is going to agree, every lure mentioned is widely recognized as being totally awesome to everyone else. ReelPeeler can't catch on white/red-headed plugs, imagine that. Yozuri minnows, SP minnows, needlefish...you're going to see every lure there is listed here and for my part, I recommend Super Strike lures because I know they're awesome, I just don't catch on them. The next SS lure I buy is going to be white, with a red head, because I catch like crazy on that color. Maybe it'll break my Super Strike jinx. 

I found each lure I used when I learned how to properly use it they all caught. The success comes from the fisherman not the lure. That said needles did take some education and time. 

Needles until one night at the end of last season when that's all I could catch on. Never a bump before that. Still never caught anything on darters or bottles but haven't used them much. I'll put some more time in with them next season.