RyanPost

Central Long Island North Shore

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

I fish Huntington to Rocky Point from shore, spinning and fly fishing. It ain’t what it used to be. Kayak, boat or paddle board helps with access issues

I'm like fatbikerjoe, I fish from Hallahan's beach to the Nissequogue river river. Basically, park at Sunken Meadow state park and walk east or west, depending on what I'm after. I've got the night fishing permit, which helps going after porgies in the eve/early night.  Mostly I bring the boys and we catch whatever bites. They love catching sea robins on tins!! I like the porgies, as long as they are over 10 inches....

Thanks - Carpniels

The parking lots near the town dock in port washington don't require a visitor sticker.  Not sure how productive these areas are or if that is too far west for you, but you can basically just stick the car there and explore if necessary.  

On 2/18/2021 at 2:07 PM, RyanPost said:

Anyone here mainly fish this area? Looking to find more people that fish the same area as I do.

On 2/18/2021 at 3:20 PM, fatbikerjoe said:

Yes, smithtown resident.  Usually creepin around the area from callahans to Nissequogue.

I'm directly across the sound from smithtown.in the CT side. I'll wave to y'all when fishing starts up again! Make sure ya wave back so I know it's you guys.

I'll fish closer to you between 9-11 early in fluke season.Then follow them as they make their way back over to my side. here.