t_man7

Beach Finds

Rate this topic

114 posts in this topic

Walking on Plum Beach in Brooklyn found and picked up a small plastic doll   in the shape of a woman, upon closer examination I noticed there were numerous rusted pins sticking out of it.,When the light bulb in my brain turned on I realized some voodoo was going on so dropped it like it was on fire, a few feet further down the beach was another doll in the shape of a man similarly adorned with rusted pins, That one I didn't pick up.  On the beach in Rockaway Queens, found a very nice black plastic box with lid attached," Can't have too many of those". Then noticed the name of someone whose cremated remains had been in the box, I dropped that too. 

17 hours ago, z-man said:

Did you bring any curses home with that thing?

greg brady would have had a word of warning for you.

edit: someone beat me to it.

Edited by runnsfromcops
clarity

5 hours ago, Midnightpass said:

Almost 60yrs ago as a young teenager, my brother and I were fishing a very remote, and hardly visited mountain stream to fish... About a 5-6hr mountain/desert hike in... I was taking a breather next to the stream, and running my fingers in the sand, and came up with a gold, diamond and ruby ring on my finger... I cleaned it up and gave it to my Mom.... She passed it on to my wife, who still has it.. It wasn't an ocean beach, but it was a sandy stream beach, so, I guess it counts...

Butch

Wow that’s pretty incredible, what’s the chance of that, crazy

23 mins ago, Bluetaildragger said:

Townsends doesn’t touch Wildwood.  Hereford is the inlet, still cool 

Memory apparently went bad when we left South Jersey  :why::why: 

13 hours ago, VanStaalSteve said:

My buddy found a two plus carat diamond ring in shallow water while walking off the bar at Deep hole in Matunuck, RI after he finished surf fishing. He had it later appraised at several thousand $$$. Then had the diamond reset in another ring and gave it to his wife as an anniversary present.

Great story. I found this needle while fishing in your back yard. Any chance you lost if ??? Lol

20210217_210058-1.jpg

I found a toupee’ last year . I kept it just In case I go completely bald . The greatest thing I found on the beach was my sanity no matter if I catch anything or not .

21 hours ago, FoliFish said:

On two separate occasions 20 years apart (and two different locations about 60 miles away from each other) , I found my own lost plugs.  One a Roberts Ranger after a bluefish cut me off in around 2000, found it on the same stretch of beach like 4 days later.  Snapped off a Guppy pencil more recently and found that on a big minus tide on the rocky bar where I lost it a few days prior.

When I fished with live eels many years ago I hooked a big bass one evening and he rubbed me off in some boulders after a short battle. When I reeled in all I had left was the frayed section on the tag end of my mono running line. I retied another leader and hook and continued fishing. I didn't catch anything else for the rest of that trip. I went back to the same spot the next night and fished live eels again. I hooked another fish and this time I landed it. The fish was about 30 pounds and when I reached down to pick it up I noticed a long length of mono leader hanging out of its mouth. Upon further inspection I recognized the barrel swivel and 5/0 Gamakatsu Octopus hook as the one I lost the previous eve. Even the short piece if frayed  blue Ande Backcountry 20 pound test running line was attached.  It was the same fish!

3 mins ago, VanStaalSteve said:

When I fished with live eels many years ago I hooked a big bass one evening and he rubbed me off in some boulders after a short battle. When I reeled in all I had left was the frayed section on the tag end of my mono running line. I retied another leader and hook and continued fishing. I didn't catch anything else for the rest of that trip. I went back to the same spot the next night and fished live eels again. I hooked another fish and this time I landed it. The fish was about 30 pounds and when I reached down to pick it up I noticed a long length of mono leader hanging out of its mouth. Upon further inspection I recognized the barrel swivel and 5/0 Gamakatsu Octopus hook as the one I lost the previous eve. Even the short piece if frayed  blue Ande Backcountry 20 pound test running line was attached.  It was the same fish!

Holy cow!!  That’s awesome