PeteA

DIY Surfcasting Projects - Let see'm

Rate this topic

79 posts in this topic

36 mins ago, PeteA said:

I love making stuff out of other peoples junk. Giving things a whole new life! Let see some more pics on the beach cart. 

Will do.  I got the majority of it outta the trash as I drove home from work. 

The cart had one wheel broke off. The signs kept getting placed at work and the boss was gonna toss em.  PVC was a 3ft chunk in a random bin.  

12 hours ago, shark lobster said:

Going to do some custom work on this reel

0BE94B9A-F0D9-4BD8-BA0B-E85A6558736D.jpeg

12 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

You should start a thread and show progress 

Yeah, do a video! 

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, shark lobster said:

Going to do some custom work on this reel

0BE94B9A-F0D9-4BD8-BA0B-E85A6558736D.jpeg

Edited by beerdoh
Double post, stupid phone.

13 mins ago, PSegnatelli said:

Will do.  I got the majority of it outta the trash as I drove home from work. 

The cart had one wheel broke off. The signs kept getting placed at work and the boss was gonna toss em.  PVC was a 3ft chunk in a random bin.  

I've been thinking about making a beach sled w/ a kayak type fishing crate mounted to it. Then I can lug even more crap I don't need to the beach and back to the car. I made one some years ago to go to the beach ay CC with the family. Kids plastic sled, bungie cords, long pull rope. A fixed our cooler, kids toys, beach chairs, umbrella, and yes, rod and plug bag to the sled. Slides on top of the sand and even the paved parking lot. I can't tell you how many people stopped to ask where they could buy one. Drill some holes in the sled, attach bungies, add a milk crate with a couple rod holders. Done. 

Posted (edited)

20210216_104156.jpg.26fa0452aa8282ffae8bfde5c912b36e.jpg20210216_104246.jpg.fbdf87af2b815d9a1dbbd6ab9380fd25.jpg@PeteA  took a few more pics of my cart.   It's got alot of stuff piled in it for the winter at the moment.  Usually, 2buckets, 2 spikes, weighs around 10lbs total when loaded.  

The green thing in the top pic is a laundry bag & pool noodle.  I use it as a bait livewell & for bleeding out.   The blue lid is a gammaseal lid for my buckets.  I usually have both buckets with me.  

Serves as  seats. 

One bucket is for bait catching. Traps, bait digger tool etc.  One is for tackle. Has a pull out insert.  Usually put small plano boxes in the bucket. Plus water and snacks.  

The green net is a dollar store net that I used a broke rod to make a handle.  Mainly for bait and child entertainment.   Then my spikes. I only use the rod holders on the cart for transportation.  

The bag is my trunk kit.  Fresh & salt stuff inside. 

Here's another thing I made.  I got tired of tape measures rusting up so fast. So I took a cloth tailor tape and made a manual retractable tape.  2 asprin bottles, a length of bailing wire and tape.  Spin the wire on the right to retract. 

20210216_112523.jpg.1538cc5a3102d8ef2d0d3272c90cafdd.jpg

Edited by PSegnatelli

This has been my project this winter, its an upgrade from the single speed road bike I used last year. Although not strictly a fishing project as cycling is my main form of transport for almost all of my fishing, having a something that is sturdy enough to handle the beaches as well as the road is really important. I picked this up for $150 on Craigslist in December and have made about $100 of modifications to get it bike-fishable. Still needs some work but its nearly there. All I do is strap and 8 footer to the top tube and throw on a backpack and hit NYC's finest Striper holes. Great thread btw and some of these projects are insane. Warmer weather couldn't come soon enough. 

IMG_5537.JPG

23 hours ago, Finknocker17 said:

I started making my own lures to pass the time.

F9102657-6226-4D9E-B54F-E9416C607DC2.jpeg

CE9CC46D-9E8F-45DB-BF01-A622A8FCCE9C.jpeg

FE7C010B-8392-4761-AC3B-5522246E5EF2.jpeg

Fin, those are beautiful lures. Do you plan on selling any?

18 mins ago, VS9898 said:

Fin, those are beautiful lures. Do you plan on selling any?

Thank you. Maybe down the road I’m just getting started I want to be able to confidently stand behind any lure I make before I sell any.

1 hour ago, Finknocker17 said:

Thank you. Maybe down the road I’m just getting started I want to be able to confidently stand behind any lure I make before I sell any.

Thanks Fin. Keep us updated, I am sure many of us would like to get our hands on some of those. 

This weekend I’m going to build a lock box to keep in my vehicle. Hate seeing stories of people’s vehicles being broken into. 
Still have to configure dimensions and a layout. 

Just now, steveo905 said:

Has anyone here ever made a homemade drawer system for truck bed? Similar to this only out of wood.

Underbody Truck Box,  Steel,  Black,  No Lid,  7.2 cu ft

Yep.  Don't have pix.  Plywood. Used paste wax to make it slippy.  Was great.  But never used it on the beach.