SJRhino

News on Saragosa 6000 swa availability?

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

10 mins ago, RedGreen said:

I can get you that info if you really want. It's been a while so I need to think about which shop it was down here. My buddy was there with me and he remembers better than I do. 

I don't think I've ever got a straight answer out of a Shimano rep or shop. When I first tried to investigate the gosa wobble issue I was told that a shipment fell off a truck by the rep. That was complete bs and then it became the parallel foot issue. Never got an answer on the inherit unbalanced feel or how it could develop later on off the rod, and eventually stoped caring because I knew I wasn't getting an answer. 

Reps changed and I wanted an answer about the reel finish/paint on the Stellas. Paint is flaking, bubbling, and it spreads like wildfire once it starts and salt gets under the finish. What's causing it, it's not from paint scratches, how is salt getting in there? Told it was changed on the new Stellas post 2013 but never could get an answer out of the reps, Icast personel, service techs or anyone with what changed just tips for care. My 2020 looks to have the same paint finish and will probably have the same issues shortly. 

With the 3 different promised dates I was told on this Gosa I preordered, I take anything a Shimano rep tells me or the shop with a grain of salt. I know little to nothing about reel internals, but in my experiences they know alot less 

22 hours ago, dennysnook said:

Reps changed and I wanted an answer about the reel finish/paint on the Stellas. Paint is flaking, bubbling, and it spreads like wildfire once it starts and salt gets under the finish. What's causing it, it's not from paint scratches, how is salt getting in there? Told it was changed on the new Stellas post 2013 but never could get an answer out of the reps, Icast personel, service techs or anyone with what changed just tips for care. My 2020 looks to have the same paint finish and will probably have the same issues shortly. 

This is interesting. Daiwa Saltigas (including Catalina & variations of Saltiga such as Expedition) had poor paint till recently. It is likely to be better now because Daiwa is actually saying in advertising that the paint on the new Saltiga is improved. However, the paint was bad for a long time - and I think this was fairly well known but wasn't often mentioned. For example, it was never mentioned by Alan Hawk. 

The paint loss in the photos below started with fitting the reel to the reel seat on a rod (a good Fuji seat). The reel hasn't had a lot of use. 

IMG_20210222_134156.jpg

IMG_20210222_134028.jpg

2 hours ago, Steg said:

This is interesting. Daiwa Saltigas (including Catalina & variations of Saltiga such as Expedition) had poor paint till recently. It is likely to be better now because Daiwa is actually saying in advertising that the paint on the new Saltiga is improved. However, the paint was bad for a long time - and I think this was fairly well known but wasn't often mentioned. For example, it was never mentioned by Alan Hawk. 

The paint loss in the photos below started with fitting the reel to the reel seat on a rod (a good Fuji seat). The reel hasn't had a lot of use. 

IMG_20210222_134156.jpg

IMG_20210222_134028.jpg

I really don't need another $1000 reel in an 8k size or would be testing it, and not sure if we will see a 6k. My 2015 Saltigas are far worse then my Stellas and much worse than those pics, but Daiwa evidently took the time to address these issues and take feedback. Never saw anything published by Shimano, was just told that by a rep. Guess I'm in the 1% of guys who buy a Stella to fish the crap out of it and not baby them, but at that price range it should be better paint adhesion than a $100 reel. Resale is shot. Pretty and shiny do nothing for me if it doesn't hold up, especially when your pushing sealing as a selling point. Seal the paint to the frame better first please.

On 2/13/2021 at 0:14 PM, Steve_M said:

Grumpys tackle up in Seaside just got some in. I was in there yesterday. I don’t think they will last. I would call them first before u drive up.

Available on their website now too. 

Just spooled up the new Saragosa SWA 6000 and right out of the box the line lay is bottom heavy. Anyone else have similar issues? Mine came with 2 shims on the shaft out of the box. 

17 hours ago, Shock Collar said:

Just spooled up the new Saragosa SWA 6000 and right out of the box the line lay is bottom heavy. Anyone else have similar issues? Mine came with 2 shims on the shaft out of the box. 

I have a 5000 - had my local place spool it.

I think it was 2 shims also? But no issues.

What line you running? 

40 mins ago, Saltfruit said:

I have a 5000 - had my local place spool it.

I think it was 2 shims also? But no issues.

What line you running? 

Didn’t the shop do directly spool to spool level winding  by hand? If that’s the case it would be even. 

27 mins ago, ecks said:

Didn’t the shop do directly spool to spool level winding  by hand? If that’s the case it would be even. 

Yes. But I've used it a decent bit since then, and the stack's stayed even.

Not exactly the same as spooling by hand, but close enough so I'm comfortable with line lay.