SJRhino

News on Saragosa 6000 swa availability?

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

Anyone hear an update from Shimano about when the "2020" gosa 6000 swa will be available at local tackle shops?  I heard a rumor that maybe by August. If so, I'll need to go with a different reel by May.

1 hour ago, ged said:

Some shops have them now

None of the shops near me in south jersey.  All I hear is to preorder one.  I want to put it on my rod to see how the weight and foot match up with the century.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Grumpys tackle up in Seaside just got some in. I was in there yesterday. I don’t think they will last. I would call them first before u drive up.

Edited by Steve_M

Shops order 100 get random shipments of 5.

Its industry wide... (across many brands) 

Supply chain, shipping, demand... Causing major issues. 

Heard another really interesting side of it that I'd never even considered. 

Cargo container shortages... We have em all... They're at a premium overseas... 

The only solution... Check around. .. If you want it... Buy it when you see it... 

Follow shops on social media... They usually post new shipments.. Many sell out before it hits their website inventory. 

Don't expect any shop to "hold" one for you... Because there are 10,000 other guys doin the same thing. 

It's not a rumor that the issue will run until the summer... 

Id expect summer 2022.

There are products across the entire industry (not just fishing) 

That already surpassed the years manufacring capacity... In pre orders.. Dating back to mid last year... Think about that... 

The delay in demand for the new gosas is because shimano realized after they just started shipping the new reels to vendors that they made a structural error in the mechanical design of it. They chose to only send a few to see if the problem materializes before really ramping up production. 

I was told this buy a guy at a shop here who distributes a lot of Shimano stuff; it was a leak he wasn't supposed to share. You'll never hear Shimano admit they chose to use you all as ginea pigs to see if their shoddy design work actually causes problems or not. 

I handled a 6K at a shop; I'll never ever buy one. The amount of clutch flex is rediculously bad. Under 8-10 lbs of drag the rotor turns backwards like 30-45 degrees. That's strictly the clutch FLEXING under that load, not slipping or failing to grab the clutch sleeve. 

Slammer 3 still the reel to beat for saltwater spinners till you reach the saltigas. Just nothing out there as good. 

Edited by RedGreen

4 mins ago, RedGreen said:

The delay in demand for the new gosas is because shimano realized after they just started shipping the new reels to vendors that they made a structural error in the mechanical design of it. They chose to only send a few to see if the problem materializes before really ramping up production. 

I was told this buy a guy at a shop here who distributes a lot of Shimano stuff; it was a leak he wasn't supposed to share. You'll never hear Shimano admit they chose to use you all as ginea pigs to see if their shoddy design work actually causes problems or not. 

I handled a 6K at a shop; I'll never ever buy one. The amount of clutch flex is rediculously bad. Under 8-10 lbs of drag the rotor turns backwards like 30-45 degrees. That's strictly the clutch FLEXING under that load, not slipping or failing to grab the clutch sleeve. 

Slammer 3 still the reel to beat for saltwater spinners till you reach the saltigas. Just nothing out there as good. 

Saragosa has a reputation as being bullet proof.  This would be a stupid thing to let happen. 

32 mins ago, RedGreen said:

I have three and love them.

Beach,bridge and boat.

Saragosa SWAs are available in New Zealand & Australia. This may not help you in USA, but it suggests that there hasn't been a deliberate limited release of the reels. 

Stradic SWs are available in Japan, too. 

2 hours ago, RedGreen said:

I find this an interesting comment.  I own two of these Saragosa 6000 and previously owned three Slammer 4500. I now own zero Slammer 4500 and but still own the Saragosas. 

For any of the 2020 Saragosa SWA owners, are you experiencing the anti reverse clutch “flexing” under load as noted by RedGreen above?

Edited by Water Dog

You don't need to be fishing it to notice. Just try and turn the rotor backwards and you'll see the flex. This isn't present in any of Penn's higher end reels whatsoever. The previous gen spheros and gosa still flexed but much much less than the 6K 2020 gosa I handled. It was trash.

Ged, remember that this is the same company that chose to use a cheap molded plastic clutch instead of a solidly mounted metal housed unit in their flagship spinner, while simultaneously raising the price. Gotta keep those profit margins fat as long as people keep throwing money at them. 

Edited by RedGreen

2 hours ago, RedGreen said:

You don't need to be fishing it to notice. Just try and turn the rotor backwards and you'll see the flex. This isn't present in any of Penn's higher end reels whatsoever. The previous gen spheros and gosa still flexed but much much less than the 6K 2020 gosa I handled. It was trash.

Ged, remember that this is the same company that chose to use a cheap molded plastic clutch instead of a solidly mounted metal housed unit in their flagship spinner, while simultaneously raising the price. Gotta keep those profit margins fat as long as people keep throwing money at them. 

I don’t own any saltwater Shimano’s. My son killed the gears in a new saragosa SW last year winching bass. I think that reel was a dud, because they are popular where I fish. 

I have owned a few Stella and they were very nice. Require more care to keep the real looking nice, but nice reels.